questions about vaccines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The problem is that with some of these diseases, you can be sick or recovering for FAR longer than 6 weeks. I got a bad case of dengue & wasn't even allowed to leave the Philippines to go back home for 6 weeks. When I got home, it took months & months to recover. I was lucky that my job allowed me to work from home, but most people don't have that luxury....

You got Dengue, how terrible! The common name for Dengue is Breakbone Fever because it can be so excruciatingly painful!

I spent two weeks in Belize with Deet on long sleeved clothes and on exposed skin and did not see a bug bite. Pants legs tucked into socks etc. The perfumed lotion is only for under the Deet clothes, not instead of. I have seen brimmed hats with netting

Ah, I misunderstood what you wrote originally. That's a really good suggestion to spray DEET on clothes & exposed skin, & then use the lotion under the DEET-sprayed clothes! Thank you. I hadn't thought of that.

You got Dengue, how terrible! The common name for Dengue is Breakbone Fever because it can be so excruciatingly painful!

Yes, I thought I was going to die. It's very easy to think vaccines & bug spray aren't important when the sickest you've been is a moderate flu. Very different once you have a fever above 106F/41.1C, feel like your bones are breaking, have excruciating eye pain & don't care when you crap the bed...& then when you are so fatigued that you have to work from your bed for months.

I always got vaccines, but dengue completely changed my mind re: when to wear bug spray & what type of bug spray to use.

My sister was an anti-vaxer until her kids got measles and she got the flu. I get every vaccine, even the very expensive shingles. I also work flu clincs. In town. I got religion over vaccines I am so great ful to be safe from polio.

I usually don't get flu vaccine but this I already had pneumonia. .so I went and got a vaccine for that

Let's hope it works

Back
Top Bottom