Questions about Fantasy Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Now the important question....Coffee. Do they (FI) provide coffee in the rooms? Should I bring my own? Do they have coffee makers in the rooms?

Snagel

No, there is no coffee maker in the rooms. However the restaurant opens up very early (5:30am) with a large commercial coffee pot, cups, cream & sugar(or substitutes) for you to fix all you want and bring it to your room.

Now the important question....Coffee. Do they (FI) provide coffee in the rooms? Should I bring my own? Do they have coffee makers in the rooms?

Snagel

They have YUMMY coffee! But I have to warn you...it is Honduran coffee. It is very rich and strong - not what you're used to. I love it, but one cup is plenty for me - and I usually dring 2 or 3 cups of good strong Cajun Coffee every morning :D

If you are picky about your coffee, you might want to consider bringing your own :wink:

Snagel
I took a 12 cup maker & supplies in luggage. Bulky but light. I really like in-room coffee! I had some challenges getting the maid to leave enough drinking water, but it was doable.

CajunDiva told me that she just sends her hubby to the restaurant to get a pot in the morning that they enjoy on the balcony. I asked if she could send him for mine too? :mooner:

Yeah, I could have gone for my own, but we were in the last room in the last building - a pleasant hike I only wanted to do twice a day: breakfast and dinner. :eyebrow:

CajunDiva told me that she just sends her hubby to the restaurant to get a pot in the morning that they enjoy on the balcony. I asked if she could send him for mine too? :mooner:

Now DD...that's not right :no: I don't SEND him for coffee...he WANTS TO GO!!! :rofl3: (But either way, it sure is nice :D )

Now DD...that's not right :no: I don't SEND him for coffee...he WANTS TO GO!!! :rofl3: (But either way, it sure is nice :D )
He does seem like a pretty nice fellow. Didn't even mind when I got your names confused and thot I was flirting with you. :laughing:

I also carry a 1 Liter metal thermos bottle so I can take coffee on the boats. Skipper Pedro even offered to bring me homemade brew, but the cafeteria coffee was fine for me. I thot the Honduran coffee was fine, albeit a bit robust, but one could always dilute with hot water. For in room coffee tho, it depends on how far the hike is, and the nicer rooms are in the end building.

If you want Decaf, you really do need to take your own maker and supplies. The one I take is $12 at a discount store here and I have never brought one home, just leave it with someone nice.

He does seem like a pretty nice fellow. Didn't even mind when I got your names confused and thot I was flirting with you. :laughing:

And you flirted with him instead...almost made me jealous! :eyebrow:

And you flirted with him instead...almost made me jealous! :eyebrow:
Neither one of y'all would flirt back :( but seem like nice folks. Hope to dive & dine with you someday soon...

Neither one of y'all would flirt back :( but seem like nice folks. Hope to dive & dine with you someday soon...

Well then, just come on down to Fantasy Island! We'll be there from October 30th through November 7th and again in April for a BIG birthday celebration for hubby. That's gonna be a FUN week :D:D:D

Well then, just come on down to Fantasy Island! We'll be there from October 30th through November 7th and again in April for a BIG birthday celebration for hubby. That's gonna be a FUN week :D:D:D
April might work. I normally like to go somewhere in August and February, somewhere out of reach of northers for the winter trip but damn one got me there this year - but maybe...?

They have YUMMY coffee! But I have to warn you...it is Honduran coffee. It is very rich and strong - not what you're used to. I love it, but one cup is plenty for me - and I usually dring 2 or 3 cups of good strong Cajun Coffee every morning :D

If you are picky about your coffee, you might want to consider bringing your own :wink:

I could use a bit of that Honduran coffee right now.

Back
Top Bottom