Questions about Fantasy Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Compared to the two Cajuns, I'm just a visiting view - but glad to comment at times.

Diva, best wishes for your dad.

Compared to the two Cajuns, I'm just a visiting view - but glad to comment at times.

Diva, best wishes for your dad.

Thanks DD...it's tough to watch. :shakehead: If any of you guys are still smoking - it's time to quit :no:

Best wishes for your Dad. You're so right about the smoking. I hate it.

Sorry to hear about your father, CajunDiva. I'll try to think of some distracting questions for you.:wink:

Bring 'em on Steve! Every distraction is a blessing :signofcross: I have more great memories of Fantasy Island than any place I've ever been...this is good therapy :wink:

How well equipped is the dive shop? If you forget something or something breaks, do they have rental gear available?

It depends...they do have plenty of basic rental gear. They have even given me a spare dive computer to use when I needed one. If you are in a bind they will bust their butts to help you out, but I would suggest you do your best to bring all the gear you will need. I would suspect the current management group is not spending a ton of money to replace things at this point...but I have high hopes for the near future!

How well equipped is the dive shop? If you forget something or something breaks, do they have rental gear available?
I try to keep all my gear ready to use, but maybe I'm not the best - or have too much variety? Anyway, I had to replace an Spg and a hose; their prices are not competitive with US online stores, but they had them reasonably enough - with choices. A nice young lady was there all day every day in case of needs.

Are the boat dives guided or not?
Always guided, but how closely you follow the DM or not is up to you, or was for us. We did most of ours in February as live boat, one way dives with Pedro chasing us down for pickup.

The boats are old and in need of some paint work I think, but I like the old style: fast enough for me, very roomy, smooth, two ladders for easy exits after removing fins - which you can pass up or hang on wrists.

Back
Top Bottom