Questionare for a new Dive Watch...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scott T C

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hey everyone. :)

I want to get feedback from divers to help in the design of my current idea for a new dive watch. I am currently building a patent packet for my new design which I will market to Citizen Watch, Co. Ltd. when the patent is approved.

Basically, I want to know what you as a diver would want as far as features in a dive watch that is both functional and stylish. A watch that you could wear for diving and everyday usage.

The watch will currently follow the base platform of Citizen's current patent for their original design of a dive watch like the Citizen Hyper Aqualand Diver Promaster w/ Rubber Wrist Band (two-tone) style.

However, part of the new configuration will be a completely redesigned interface. Instead of monochromatic, it will feature a full color screen with a high output (bright feature/high contrast feature) instead of the weak internal light that the current watch possesses. The watch case/bezel will be either oversized with the same rounded square screen or the case/bezel will follow the same shape as the screen with rounded corners.

With that stated...what are your thoughts on what the watch should do.

Also...do you prefer a watch to give you the features of the above mentioned watch over having other bulky dive computers and a watch.

Also...what would you expect/be willing to pay for a completely updated, modern watch with extra features (I can not disclose the full list of features and overall complete layout until the patent is processed) to make the watch highly user friendly. It would create as the old model does...a dive log...just more advanced with special premium features (which can’t be disclosed as of now).

Basicly...to do a general sum...it will be as close to an "All-in-one" type of unit as you can get without getting to technical or getting so expensive it is out of the majority of buyer's reach. (Although I may have 2-3 different models which will have more features and a higher price tag for those that want the best-of-the-best or need the "all inclusive" type of gear.)

Thanks for your input!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom