Question, vintage LP72 tank

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sadly, $50 - $75 is a high side of the going rate, but a new hydro cost on top drives purchase price down. Can't remember the dates of liners in these tanks.

66 Norris...

Backpack and pull rod add to appeal... Complete package...

lowviz,
To be honest ... here is the story, my first plan was to hydro and keep it but I just have another thought after someone here is nice enough to give me his opinion to exchange or sell it and upgrade to a bigger HP tank since I am new and breath fast, while this tank would be more valuable to a vintage driver than to me. I am trying to see if it worth it to upgrade or keep. If I keep it, I will have to do hydro anyway. It's just that it'll be little hassle for to me take off work during the day to go for it (I finally talked to someone who is willing to test for the + rated), so it depends on the value of the tank worth it for me to take it to hydro or not.
Thanks.

Thanks, Bob.

But that sounds like more of an average price for a 72, any idea of how common that tank and stickering are? Looks like a bit of historical value to me...

Unfortunately the tank is only worth what someone is prepared to pay you for it. There is no market per se. I’m guessing $40-$60 but you may find someone who absolutely has to have it - even better when two people want it. Personally I’ve dumped more than I’ve kept of that vintage.

thanks tridacna, very true for vintage/classic goes. it is depend on the item and depend if there is anyone really want it. I am into other toys too so I know how it goes, but not scuba vintage, so I am not sure about vintage tank.
Thanks again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom