Question re DIN reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If I were to remove the DIN fitting does anyone know the approx torque of the Allen screw in the Atomic reg?

The "Atomic Assy Manual" here doesn't cover your reg specifically, but several others as of 2003. It states on p. 7 that the DIN fitting torque is 33 ft-lb.

It adds, "Beneath the o-ring at the bottom of the nipple is a small washer and the filter. Make sure all these parts are in place during reassembly. The o-ring does not require lubrication."

The idea is to tie one end of the cord to the cap, and the other end to the hose -- so that you only have one strand of cord to worry about:

IMG_0685.jpg

GonnaDie3.jpg

:cool2:

Why is it that such an expensive reg comes with such an ineffective dust cap?

It's just that, a dust cap.

When I get out of salt water one of my first tasks is to rinse the regulator connection and similar rubber dust cap (Sherwood DIN) with fresh water. When it's time to breakdown the area is pretty clear of salt and the cap blows of nice and dry.

Daily cleaning is always done under pressure, on a cylinder dujour. Positive pressure trumps any dust cap.

I will warn you that you HP hose will back drain slowly and may pop that rubber cap it it goes on pronto.

Pete

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom