New to DIN, what do I need to know?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

YEAH IF YOU WANT TO BLOW WATER AND **** INTO YOUR ANALYSER CELL

Please use a screw in fitting if analysing din

Unless you want to pump your gas around the world through your gear plugging into your inflator

Meh. This is the usual and common way to analyze tanks, DIN or not. I don't know why there would be any water or **** flowing around, certainly there isn't when I open my tank, especially not after the first second and not where it would enter the tiny hole to the analyzer anyway.

Meh. This is the usual and common way to analyze tanks, DIN or not. I don't know why there would be any water or **** flowing around, certainly there isn't when I open my tank, especially not after the first second and not where it would enter the tiny hole to the analyzer anyway.
Yeah, I agree. Not sure why there would be anything in the DIN valve. I screw down the DIN plug when not in use. There’s an o-ring on each to keep anything from going down the threads. Small hole for the strap, but that’s occupied by the strap. Post dive is about the only time anything can get in, and I’m not analyzing tanks after I’ve used them.

I use my regulator and LPI hose for analyzing mainly because it’s quieter.

There will be water after a dive in the threads. I remove my right post regulator, blow out the water sitting in the threads and then get a fill. It is all dry when ready for analysis.

Instructions for one of my analyzers specify that you should crack the valve and have air flowing before putting the analyzer up to the valve. Presumably this is to avoid blowing water into the analyzer.

Instructions for one of my analyzers specify that you should crack the valve and have air flowing before putting the analyzer up to the valve. Presumably this is to avoid blowing water into the analyzer.
I would suspect that would have less to do with water than excess pressure hammering the sensor.

I would suspect that would have less to do with water than excess pressure hammering the sensor.
Maybe? But this is an old Oxyspy where it’s a clear passthru and the sensor just kind of hangs out in the passing airstream.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom