question on sea elite isolator manifold

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaSixString

Contributor
Reaction score
I've got a sea elite 200 bar isolation manifold. It claims to be modular to "fit all my diving needs" and the distance between the posts can be adjusted to some extent. Is cylinder diameter going to be a factor with this manifold (ie, am i stuck with 7.25" or can i use 8.00")? I had planned to double aluminum 80s but am seriously considering moving up to steel 108s due to bouyancy and gas issues.

Any thoughts?

I just banded a set of E7-100s (7.25"), and the distance was fine (I have 3 threads showing on the bar after the lock nuts. I don't think the isolator will be long enough for 8" tanks... but I could be wrong. It may depend on your bands.

Unless you have something wierd (which you don't), they should fit. The tank bands determine the distance between the necks of the tanks, not the manifold. If you look on your 8 inch bands, you'll see that the gap is alot less than on the 7.25 inch bands.

Thanks guys. Modular means alot of things. It could mean "you can dive this with anything if you buy our ultra-rare expansion kit. Because its you, we'll let it go for 5 grand" :wink:

Thanks again!!

I have two manifolds from them.... They work on 7 1/4 and 8 inch very well..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom