Info/Experiences/Alternatives for dual-outlet DIN adapter - think portable H-Valve equivalents

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

-JD-

Eclecticist
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
In my web-wanderings I cam upon a (1) DIN-in to (2) DIN-out adapter with individual shutoffs from Nautec:
air-control_300-1.jpg

It only seems to be available directly from their main website (and only in German, not English mode - same for a bunch of other products) - this is the 300bar version: AIR CONTROL Air 300 | Dive Nautec
FYI: They have a NA (Canada) office/distributor, but with a limited product listing: Home
Man, their dark-line stuff is just lust-worthy. Who'd a thunk valves could be sexy?

At about 225 Eur (+ VAT or Import duty and Shipping) it is not cheap ...

Here is the Google translate version of the product description:
Description

The new NAUTEC - front valve "AIR CONTROL" turns every standard valve with only one outlet for a pressure reducer into a multifunctional shut-off device. Each connection can be rotated 360 degrees and can be locked separately. Air Control contains the familiar, very robust mechanics with low-maintenance sealing technology from NAUTEC. The front valve weighs only 989 grams. When used abroad, Air Control can be combined with a bracket adapter.

Technical facts:

1 inlet G 5/8 “external thread 300 bar (DIN)
2 separate lockable outputs G 5/8 “internal thread 300 bar
The distance between the two outputs can be swiveled by 180 degrees
excellent grip thanks to oval handwheels
Easy assembly and disassembly on the diving device due to rubber-coated handwheel, even with wet gloves

Positing that I am interested in diving redundant, individually-isolatable 1st stages, it may solve a "problem" for me for single tank diving:

Since I dive 3500 PSI steels (7/8" neck), modular valves are hard to come by. If I want to move my standard setup to redundant first-stage regs, I do have 4 manifold sets for my 10 tanks, so I could conceivably come up with 8 of 10 set up with with H valves, If I buy 8 appropriate H-valves, AND then find another 7/8" manifold set (+H valves) to complete the other 2. Frankly, I'd prefer to save the modular valves for doubles sets (or in the case of my Unicorn 7/8" 232 bar DIN-outlet valves as pro-valves able to be yoke-converted and loaned as basic singles.)

With this I can drop my whole reg assembly on any DIN-outlet tank and I am good to go ... That also means that I can travel with it or rent/borrow tanks locally.

I do know there are also 1-in, 2-out DIN Tees with no isolation that would allow me to use my "standard" dual 1sts:
t07185-st.jpg

https://www.divestock.com/tecline-t-adapter-g5-8-male-300-bar-to-2-g5-8-female-238-bar-viton

So, does anybody have experience with the Nautec unit or know of others with individual isolation?

Or, even more simply, mount a standard Y valve on your cylinder.
Possibly a Beuchat, with double independent pipes for maximum redundancy:
sas-valve.jpg

just get a pony bottle
The goal is a standard reg-set configuration for all dives - singles, independent doubles, or twinset - w/ dual 1st redundancy an extra plus for singles.

I have 2 slung ponys - a 19 for shallow/travel and a 40. One will continue with me if I'm on only on a single tank.

Or, even more simply, mount a standard Y valve on your cylinder.
Possibly a Beuchat, with double independent pipes for maximum redundancy:
View attachment 598080
All of my (large) cylinders are 3500psi w/ 7/8" (narrow) necks. As far as I know, Ys do not exist for 7/8" and and If they did, converting my tanks would cost 4X at minimum compared to the Nautec converter. Hs are possible but also more expensive.

Interesting...

FWIW - You might want to also check out WMD (Well Marine Diver). They too have some interesting solutions....

The nautec isolated manifold is exactly what I was looking for a few years ago. I ended up with one of the tecline non-isolateable manifolds.

My original interest was just not to have to reconfigure my regulators to go from doubles to singles on consecutive dives. So the tecline works great minus the isolator ability and the fact that the ports are not oriented like a set of doubles.

The nautec manifold seems like a much better solution.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom