Question for I Pod users and/or computer Geeks !!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DeputyDan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I purchased an Ipod nano for the wife for her birthday.

My computer UBS port will not recognize the Ipod unit. The diganostics say that the drivers for the ipod can not be found?

I and having trouble locating and downloading the needed drivers.

Thoughts????

You should have gotten a disc with it - if you didn't, go to the apple website and download the latest iTunes software.

Z...

Is the USB port on the computer a USB class I or a USB class II? If the port is a class I, you could have serious communications problems with the data through-put rate...which might cause similar problems.

I may not be geeky enough to know for sure, but I had a similar problem with a wireless router in my home network and it took weeks to determine the problem. Good luck, hope this helps.

Squashie

the USBI/II thing should be an issue. I have a laptop with USB I and desktop with USB II - works both ways.

Z...

I loaded the s/w on the CD that came with the unit.

My hardware manager shows everything installed but the drivers. Error Code 28.

What version of Window$ are you running? If you are running XP then you need atleast service pack 1....

I got one from hubby this past weekend...and i'm having the issue that after I download songs to it..and I go and plug it back to add more..the one's in the nano get deleted. does anyone know what i should do for this not to happen???

Scuba65:
I got one from hubby this past weekend...and i'm having the issue that after I download songs to it..and I go and plug it back to add more..the one's in the nano get deleted. does anyone know what i should do for this not to happen???
If you have Itunes manage your library automatically it will sync your ipod to what ever is in the playlists/library is on that PC. I disable that feature on my PC since both the wife and I have ipods, and two different tastes in music. Last thing I need is a some "girl rock" on my pod :wink:

Back
Top Bottom