Question for dry suit wearers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dives on Sunday went really well. My dive buddies carried my rig to the water, and I carried fins and masks, and my weights, so much less stress than last time. I double sleeved the outside seal - staggered about 3" or so. The single sleeve where it contacted the carbon fiber socket, I took a velcro/nylon webbing knife strap and cinched down on the sleeve as tight as I could. The top now had two silicon seals, and since the seond one was higher up my leg, was much tighter than normal, but not to the point of cutting of circulation.

Eureka!! Did three dives, TBT of 2:20, max depth 51', average depth @ 35' and even witth the short walks back and forth to the truck for tank changes, waters, etc. never had to remove the leg to dry it off or change gear! By the end of the third dive, it was getting pretty wet inside, but still hadn't started slipping, just close to it.

I'm hoping that a wet suit might do the same thing as the second sleeve. Problem is - they just don't fit me. Almost 6' 1", I wear a 50 athletic cut jacket with a 38" waist. I have a middle aged belly, but it seems as if I am a XXL or even XXXL in the shoulders and chest and a L or XL in the waist. I tried on 3 different suits the other day, and none really fit that great. Going to try the Aqualung Aquaflex super stretchy one as soon as I can. Tried it on in an XL and it seemed to fit pretty good from the chest down, but couldn't get it over the shoulders. Thinking that an XXL might do the trick in that one.
Custom wetsuits don't cost much more than off the rack.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom