Question about recommended reading list....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Raven C

Reaction score
I am preparing for my fundamentals course and in looking over the GUE recommended reading list I see it is lengthy and quite honestly there is no way I am going to get through all that before my summer course. I personally can see placing "Diver's Handbook of Underwater Calculations" first on the list but what else from this list is REALLY necessary for me to read prior to my course?

RavenC:
I am preparing for my fundamentals course and in looking over the GUE recommended reading list I see it is lengthy and quite honestly there is no way I am going to get through all that before my summer course. I personally can see placing "Diver's Handbook of Underwater Calculations" first on the list but what else from this list is REALLY necessary for me to read prior to my course?

"REALLY necessary"

JJ's book.
Doing It Right: The Fundamentals of Better Diving by Jarrod Jablonski

Go dive.

Useful

Diving Physiology in Plain English by J. Bookspan
A decent although fairly simple introduction to Diving
Physiology.

Physiology of Medicine and Diving by Bennett & Elliot.
Much more detailed text on Diving Physilogy but the link
on GUE's page is to the older edition. So get the newer
one which was published in 2003. This one text alone will
probably keep you busy thru summer.

Take care
Marc Hall
www.enjoythedive.com

I've seen the first chapter of the PADI open water manual refered to several times :54:

Other than JJ's book the best prep is to dive and practice the skills that involve bouancy control. Also if your taking the class with a buddy work on buddy skills to the point that you know what there going to do befor they do it. Bouancy and buddy skills were the base of most of the in water skills and training.

Ron

Thanks for the advice. JJ's book has been a perm. fixture next to my bed for about a year now. Hahahaha

Does anyone know if these come on tape or not? Maybe I'll have to do a search of books on tape. R

rumor has it that DIR4 a 2 disk DVD is due out any time now

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom