Question Question About Drysuit Fit (Waterproof D7X Too Baggy?)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello! Looking for advice on my new drysuit. I took the drysuit class in a rental Aqualung Fusion and decided I would like to buy my own and read a lot of good reviews on the Waterproof D7X Nylotech. I used Waterproof's online sizing chart (attached in the images) and had someone take my measuresments (also attached). I came up with XXL as the size I should try. I got it yesterday and tried it out in the pool. I know it's suppose to be baggy for thickest undergarments in the winter and colder waters but I'm worried the XXL might be too baggy maybe?

In the pictures, since it is warm weather right now, I am only wearing one pair of thermal socks and one pair of sweatpants and a sweatshirt (I'll buy better undergarments once I get the drysuit squared away since that's the biggest purchase to get out of the way). What's concerning me is how much material is folding on itself ecspacially the arms. I'm worried it's folding too much and folding in on the exhaust valve which may cause issues with venting air sometimes? With one pair of socks the feet wiggle a bit side to side in the feet while frog kicking but I figure that is easily fixed just by putting one or two more pairs of thermal socks on.

Looking for advice based on the pictures if others think it is too big/baggy and if I should go a size down, maybe to the XL, or if I should stay with the XXL just to have a lot of room for thicker undergarments?

Attachments

• 20240607_192312.jpg
    20240607_192312.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 50
  • 20240607_192213.jpg
    20240607_192213.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 55
  • 20240607_192155.jpg
    20240607_192155.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 43
  • cv-measurements.jpg
    cv-measurements.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 43
  • size-chart.png
    size-chart.png
    146.3 KB · Views: 44
This is my made to measure Seaskin. This is with a med weight undergarment. The arms and legs are very baggy on you imo.

IMG_6920..jpg

I would suggest you try it on with the heaviest undergarments you plan on wearing so you know what fits and what may not.

Based on your measurements and that chart I would have gotten the XL.
Yeah I'm thinking of exchanging it for an XL, it seems like that would tighten it up in all the areas I need it to like the chest and arms. The concern with the XL is the foot size which is 1 size smaller than my normal foot size.

I would suggest you try it on with the heaviest undergarments you plan on wearing so you know what fits and what may not.
I'll try to throw on one or two more pairs of thermal socks and another one or two pairs of sweats tomorrow and see if that helps take up some of the excessive material space.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom