Q & A for Suunto Diving Products

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chris,
I just had the battery service and I am not accusing the techs of doing anything to cause the screws to loosen. However I also don't want to pay shipping and insurance and lose the use of my computer to have something as inexpensive as a screw replaced. I will take it up with the shop that I instruct thru and if they get the same answer about shipping the computer to replace the screw then I will probably put my D6 on ebay and let the new owner worry about the screw. I will also quit recommending Suunto products to my students.

WheelsUSN,

Did you send your computer to the service center in Tampa, Fl?

Best Regards,
Chris from Suunto

traveler218,

Please make sure that you are holding the Vyper Air perfectly straight and steady while calibrating. The compass calibration is very sensitive. If you are still unable to calibrate please send your computer in to the nearest authorized service center from the link provided for evaluation. Suunto Dealer Locator

Best Regards,
Chris from Suunto

traveler218,

Please make sure that you are holding the Vyper Air perfectly straight and steady while calibrating. The compass calibration is very sensitive. If you are still unable to calibrate please send your computer in to the nearest authorized service center from the link provided for evaluation. Suunto Dealer Locator

Best Regards,
Chris from Suunto

Let me tell you a little about the history of my Vyper Air and hopefully youncan give me a recommendation for my best course of action.

I purchase my Vyper Air on Maui while on faction. The day I bought it I took it back to my hotel to play with it and ensure I new how to use it for my dive the next morning. While setting it up the battery died. After my morning dive I returned the computer to the dive shop and the owner replaced the battery. The next morning I took it snorkeling, using it in free-dive mode, again to make sure I knew how it worked in prep for my next dive the following day. While snorkeling I noticed that the computer flooded.

I returned the computer to the dive shop again, and the owner cleaned it up and replaced the battery. He told me the battery compartment was sealed from the rest of the computer so there should be no issues. The computer has worked fine since then.

After returning to Alabama, I also had the battery in replaced in the transmitter due to connection issues on subsequent dives, including complete failure to connect. The battery replacement did not solve the connection problems so I returned the transmitter to SUUNTO for warranty. The warranty was refused. I was told there was evidence of water incursion and that it had the wrong O-ring installed. The problem is, I watched the shop replace the transmitter battery and they did not replace the O-ring because it was in good shape. Al indications were that it had never been opened. This cost me $450 for a me transmitter, even though I had the work done by an Aqualung dealer.

Am I going to get the same response when I return the computer for repair? Again, the battery was replaced by an Aqualung Dealer; the very one I bought the computer from.

P.S. I attempted using the compass several times and held it very still. No joy.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD

traveler,

When did you originally purchase your computer?

Best Regards,
Chris

traveler,

Yes, Your computer is still under warranty. If the computer is malfunctioning a replacement will be at no cost to you. Please send your computer to the nearest authorized Suunto service center along with your receipt of purchase for warranty evaluation. Suunto Dealer Locator Please contact me if you need any further help.

Best Regards,
Chris from Suunto

Hi Chris

I have an old Poseidon Cyklon set of regs, which are so reliable and have been told that the Suunto computer transmitter thread is incompatible with the old Cyklon ports. Are there any adaptors available?

I was downloading dive data from my Vyper computer when I saw this icon on the profile graph:
DM4 Icon.jpg
I'm using DM 3.1.1. Anybody knows what it means?

Thanks!
Richard

Found it on the help file. It's actually a bookmark. I think I pressed it to turn the back-light on :)

Back
Top Bottom