Q & A for Suunto Diving Products

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Trickchit,

I am unsure about the internals on the pc interface cables. I would not recommend you to try and fix something yourself. If you have recently purchased this cable and has never worked since, then the best route to go would be replacing the cable under warranty. I am sure that the hardware team will not be able to disclose such information, because all repairs / replacements are supposed to be handled at an authorized Suunto service center. How long ago did you purchase the pc interface cable?

Best Regards,
Chris from Suunto

Last edited:
Hi, I just replaced the battery in my Gekko. When holding the cover plate in place and twisting it into place it seems kind of askew or off center, like the rubber gasket is not quite pushing into place perfectly. After completing the installation I can push on the back cover plate and it rocks/moves slightly. Is this normal?

Thanks!

Hi Chris,
I purchased the cable from an online retailer last week. I sent an email to them similar to my post here and have since received an RMA along with a shipping label for returning the item. I'll return this unit in exchange for another and hope that the board in it came from a different process batch. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

So I just bought a Vyper and used it for the first time, I'm using my Gekko as a backup now. I noticed that the NDL limits were about 2-3 different between the 2 computers. My Gekko is about 7 years old, Vyper is new. Was the RGBM changed at all during that time?

Hi Chris,

I have a Suunto SK7 compass that has developed a rather large air bubble. The compass has less than a hundred dives on it and has been treated carefully. Of course, it's past its warranty.

I've read of people attempting to refill their SK7s and sealing the new hole with a particular glue. No mention, though, of locating the source of the original leak.

Does Suunto offer any suggestions re: leaking compasses? Ideally, how long should an SK7 last before air bubbles start to develop?

Thank you.

hi Chris
thanks for the reply can you give me the address where to send my D9txi for the software update please and if possible the costs
many thanks
Rob

Julian,

The Suunto RGBM algorithm is the same for both computers and should not have that much of a difference in NDL time. First, make sure all settings are the same. If all settings are the same, then if possible you can send your computers in to an authorized service center for evaluation. You can locate the nearest authorized Suunto service center from the link provided. Suunto Dealer Locator

Best Regards,
Chris from Suunto

---------- Post added May 15th, 2013 at 10:40 AM ----------

mnscuber,

No, the back locking ring should not rock back and forth. I would recommend that you bring your computer to your local authorized dealer and have it checked out. If that doesn't help, you can always send your computer in to an authorized service center for a battery service and all of the necessary testing. You can locate the nearest authorized dealer or service center from the link provided.
Suunto Dealer Locator

Best Regards,
Chris from Suunto

Chris,
I just received my D6 back from having the battery changed about a month ago. When I dove Sunday one of the screws that holds the trim plate around the cable interface port came out and was lost and the other was extremely loose. How can I get a replacement screw without having to send my computer off again?

WheelsUSN,

I am sorry but spare parts are not able to be sold to consumers from service centers except for things like wrist straps. You will need to send your computer back in to the service center. Did you have a 2 year 200 dive service or just a battery service? If you had a 2 year 200 dive service the screws should have had a thread lock applied. If you just had the battery service then the technicians would have never removed those screws.

Best Regards,
Chris from Suunto

I have a Vyper Air that I purchased on Maui in December 2012 while on vacation. I have used it for about 16 dives. I got it out today to practice with the compass in preparation for my AOW cert navigation exercise. I enabled the compass and noticed that the display did not update regardless of what direction I turned. I attempted to calibrate, was told to rotate 360 degrees but the compass did not appear to recognize that I was turning and it timed out telling me to try again.

Is there any way to reset the compass?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD

Back
Top Bottom