Q & A for Suunto Diving Products

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hendrik@Suunto

Contributor
Reaction score
Please feel free to ask any questions, or share any comments on here that you have about any of the Suunto diving products!

I might as well start, thanks for the forum. I have and issue with DM4, I have a gecko, a vytec, a Vyper and a D3......DM4 wouldn't recognize any of them so I ran DM3, they are recognized but have limited function, any known issues?

Archiebald,
That is a question that I have yet to encounter. I will speak with the software technicians and get an answer as soon as possible for you. Sorry for the trouble you are having.

---------- Post Merged at 12:36 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:12 AM ----------

Deco,
Your Welcome. The Gekko is not able to be downloaded on any of the Suunto Dive Manger versions. The Zoop which has replaced the Gekko now has the PC download function. As for the D3, Vytec, and Vyper, They should all be able to download on DM4. Make sure that you select the picture of the right Suunto computer on DM4 before you connect the PC interface to your dive computer. Also, make sure that you are placing your dive computer in the TR-PC mode before attaching the PC interface.

A have a Vyper. When downloading dives with the cable and DM3 the program reads all the dives from dive 1. Can you tell the program to read only the new dives which have not yet been logged?

Archiebald,
The problem that you are experiencing was fixed last week with a new DM4 version. You should clear browser download folder because it could have an incorrect version of the setup.exe and gtk-sharp-2.12.10.win32.msi files. Then download DM4 again from the Movescount.com - Powered by Suunto page.
Br & safe diving,
Chris from Suunto

So, DM4 does not automatically update? I usually turn it on once a day to see if there is an improved version, but nothing has popped up.

So, DM4 does not automatically update? I usually turn it on once a day to see if there is an improved version, but nothing has popped up.

This wasn't a problem with a program update as such. It was due to there being an error in the installation files. It was discussed quite deeply the topic I linked to.

Pao,
Could you specify a little more on this issue? Im not fully understanding what you mean...
Thanks,
Chris from Suunto

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom