Q & A for Suunto Diving Products

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a Vytec and when I do multiple dives it starts giving incorrect depth readings, usually after the 2nd dive. Do you have a program where I can send back to Suunto to get serviced? I called the Suunto authorized service center in the Chicago area and all they told me was they could sell me a new Vyper Air. I know of some other manufactures that have a program where you can send a unit in to be repaired and they completely go through an air intergrated computer for 160.00 + 10.00 shipping. I am hoping that Suunto has something similar.

Pao,
Could you specify a little more on this issue? Im not fully understanding what you mean...
Thanks,
Chris from Suunto

When I launch DM3 download wizard It "reads" ALL the dives in the computer (it takes ~2 minutes to do this) from 1 to the current dive. Then you have to select which dives you want to download (in my case - my latest unlogged dives) then it downloads the dive.

What I would like to know is if it can be programmed to read only the latest unlogged dives and not start from dive 1 so as to make downloading faster.

Thanks

Soonerwink,
Unfortunately, if the pressure (depth) sensor is malfunctioning it is unrepairable. Each pressure (depth) sensor is calibrated individually to the module at the factory, so it is not possible to just replace the sensor. How long have you owned this Vytec? Are you the original owner? Also did you purchase this computer at an authorized Aqualung / Suunto dealer?
Thanks,
Chris from Suunto

---------- Post Merged at 11:43 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:05 PM ----------

Pao,
Unfortunately, it is not possible to read only the latest dives. Once the memory is full on your computer the oldest dives will start rolling off, which means a dive that used to be dive # 1 will no longer be #1, etc. The number of the dives are always changing, which is why the dive manager always downloads every dive. Suunto has come out with DM4, which I believe you would enjoy. DM4 is much more user friendly, and also has Moves Count tied into the program. Moves Count is a online community where you can post your dives (info, locations, etc) and interact with other Suunto consumers. You can download DM4 from the link provided - http://www.suunto.com/us/en/products/software/suunto-dm4
Thanks,
Chris from Suunto

Hi Chris - I just purchased a new Vyper and the USB PC download kit. I installed the DM4 software and it seems to work fine except that the computer does not see the Vyper (and yes I've turned the Vyper on). It appears that one of the two round metal pins that stick out of the cord and go into the Vyper is slightly LONGER than the other. Could this cause the Vyper not to make contact? Is this a defect in the cord?

Aircarl,
When you are attempting to download your dives, are you placing your Vyper in TR-PC mode? You have the original Vyper not the Vyper Air correct?
Thanks,
Chris from Suunto

I have the original Vyper. I just tried again with the Vyper in 3/TR - PC mode and neither the computer nor the DM4 sees my Vyper. It appears that one of the two round metal pins that stick out of the cord and go into the Vyper is slightly LONGER than the other. Could this cause the Vyper not to make contact? Is this a defect in the cord?

I'm curious why all of a sudden Sunnto has come on the 'board' asking for 'carte blanche' feed back about it's products ????.......Have any thing to do w/a drop in sales due to such things as; 'non-existent customer service' or it's total lack of admission in owning up to and correcting, to this day, the VERY sad quality of straps on 'D' series computers ?????!!!!!!!.......So Sunnto, unless you're ready to admit to and apologize for your past indiscretions, you'll continue to loose 'market share' and justifiably so.........If you had a proper/responsive 'customer service' dept. you'd already know the problems stated here and would have responded to them......Just like you DIDN"T do w/the straps !!!!!.......You and Apeks are being hurt by the parent company.....get out from under it !!!!!!!...........

Dear J2S,

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that we haven't been able to fulfill your expectations regarding the quality of our products and customer service. Meeting (and exceeding!) the expectations of our customers is very important for us, and we apologize for not having been able to achieve this with you.

Regarding the D-series straps that you mention, Suunto has improved the reliability of Suunto D4i and D6i straps to better meet customer expectations. The new D-Series launched in 2011 comes with the new, improved straps. In addition to the D4i and D6i straps, Suunto has totally redesigned the strap for the new D9tx.

Also, we would like to contact you directly to ask more of the issues you have encountered with our customer service so we can improve for the future.

Sincerely,
Chris from Suunto

Chris,
I currently live in Dammam Saudi Arabia, and luckily get to head over to Jeddah every now and again and dive the "Real" Red Sea. My question is as follows: I have the Vyper Air, and on my last trip, it read Battery Low for a bit, but then it went away. None of the dive shops that I know of here are actually certified dealers, and therefore I will be having trouble getting the battery and removal tool due to the shipping restrictions on Lithium Batteries to APO/FPO addresses. Would you be able to tell me if there is an actual certified dealer in Eastern Saudi Arabia, or perhaps Bahrain where I can get my DC serviced properly? Not that I'm a moron, but I would rather have someone officially trained either show me how to do it, or do it for me.
Thanks in advance,
Chris Blackmore

Dear J2S,

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that we haven't been able to fulfill your expectations regarding the quality of our products and customer service. Meeting (and exceeding!) the expectations of our customers is very important for us, and we apologize for not having been able to achieve this with you.

Regarding the D-series straps that you mention, Suunto has improved the reliability of Suunto D4i and D6i straps to better meet customer expectations. The new D-Series launched in 2011 comes with the new, improved straps. In addition to the D4i and D6i straps, Suunto has totally redesigned the strap for the new D9tx.

Also, we would like to contact you directly to ask more of the issues you have encountered with our customer service so we can improve for the future.

Sincerely,
Chris from Suunto
This response is a perfect example of Corporate 'Misdirection'.......You never publicly admitted to the problem, you never apologized for it and you never offered the buyers of the defective product an exchange.......Just so SB members know, Mr. Chris Shultz, PM'd me and asked to contact him further to " discuss" the problems "further" [More Corporate "Spin Speak" !!!!......Well Chris, the time for "discussion" is past....You have a sampling of the problems in my e-mail and access to more in the SB archives.....We have a saying in this country..." SH*T or get off the pot".....You're either going to make the necessary changes/adjustments in Sunnto's, philosophy/Mission Plan..........or you're just "blowing smoke"........Time will tell which one...........

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom