Purchasing own equipment online/lds?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Swan1172:
I assume you are trying to make a point about the potential for contamination of the air due to the four-wheeler running. Isn't that what the filters on the compressors are for?

I have my own compressor and make it a point to put the intake away from any fumes. Yes, there are filters, but those filters aren't cheap and keeping them near exhaust fumes means they need to be replaced more often. But if these people aren't that knowledgeable about scuba, they probably aren't testing the air very often and are just changing the filters on a regular schedule. I wouldn't get air from them.

Yes, Im talking about the potential for contamination........Yes, filters do help to an extent, but would you really want that potential for contamination?? A filter is supposed to clean up normal air....when your giving it all of these toxins on a regular basis, it will clog and fail prematurely....I never thought I would hear someone combating this fact....Would you take a tank, filled from a compressor with the above problem, and go diving??

As for the guy smoking while filling your tanks, would I do that....HELL NO! but if the tanks are already full and the comressor is not running, then the air going into your tanks is clean....or at least cleaner than if the compressor was running......are you kidding me, he really smokes while filling tanks??

First of all, were they running the compressor and four-wheeler indoors or outdoors? How far apart were they? You left some important details out here. I understand what you are trying to say, but think you might be over-dramatizing things a bit to make your point.

Second, yes, I have seen the former owner of my LDS running a compressor and filling tanks while smoking.

Im not overdramatizing anything....This is all indoors and that is my fault for not specifiying that.......I own a compressor and and do airfills at my shop and I want my customers to have the cleanest air.....and I have never heard of anyone wanting to compromise the air they will breathe underwater.......

Yea its really dependent on the distance there, if they are far apart thats like saying because people are driving in front of your shop, and your compressor is behind it that your air must not be good because cars give off so much exhaust.

Dive Right In Scuba:
The 4 wheeler was 5 feet away from the compressor with no routing anywhere for fresh air.....this was inside a the back area of the warehouse

Wow! That does sound bad. Just out of curiosity, how did you get into the back area of the warehouse? Isn't that an employee only area?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom