purchasing DUI suits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Vin

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Are there any warrenty issues w/ DUI suits bought not from your local shop? Is there any reason - besides buying from the local guy... - that I should pay $1695 for the TLS 350 vs $1395 from a web retailer or a shop with an online inventory?

vin

What is diving concepts?

I am not clear - clearly there is some adversity to DUI- Is Diving Concepts a publication? Or is it another retailer?

vin

The Ultra Flex Pro looks good.

Whats the concensus? How do they rank to the DUI TLS 350?
I am working on pricing from them mens' large- but are they comparable in $$ Or, more reesonable?

Vin

Vin:

If you do a search on SB for "DUI" you will likely find a great number of people (myself included, since my TLS350 more than does the job...) who love their DUI dry suit. You will also find people who like there <insert other brand here> drysuit.

Whatever keep you dry and meets your needs is best for you.

Cheers,

Sean

and don't know anyone that dives one, so I can't say what they're like...

FWIW, of the 6 drysuit divers I dive with, 5 use DUI suits (including TLS350, CF200, and CLX450)...

Vin once bubbled...
The Ultra Flex Pro looks good.
Whats the concensus? How do they rank to the DUI TLS 350?
I am working on pricing from them mens' large- but are they comparable in $$ Or, more reesonable?
Vin

I have been diving a TLS350 for 4 years now and am pleased with it overall. I've had some changes made to my suit, but that has been the result of very specific personal preferences I have developed over the years. I have had good experiences with DUI's customer service as well.
The Diving Concepts suits are also very high quality and, I think, in the same price range as DUI suits. I have seen the Ultra Flex Pro suit and it looks very nice. I suppose it's a matter of what features you value in a suit and what type of diving you expect to do. The bottom line: it's a big investment, so it's worth taking your time and comparing various manufacturers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom