Purchased drysuit, soliciting advice / opinions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've got a seaksin with neo socks,I use wetsuit boots, as they seem (to me any way) to be a good compromise between ankle mobility for frog and back finning and "sturdyness" they are also relatively cheap and means that my fins still fitted (Hollis F1's).

For undersuits I use a thin base layer, then FE Artics and/or FE Xerotherms depending on the water temps as this give me a lot of "adjustability" when it comesto how much insulation I want and dosn't restrict reaching back for shutdowns.

I just got my first drysuit, also a DUI TLS 350, and went out on the Yukon for the first dive in my new drysuit last weekend. Water temperature was 50 on the bottom and I was cold toward the end of the second dive. If I had eaten more before, I probably wouldn't have been as cold. I wore a Weezle Extreme undersuit and it was very cozy, more so than the DUI polartech I used in my drysuit class. I'm looking at a Fourth Element Xerotherm to go under my Weezle.

Based on recommendations from someone here on Scubaboard, I bought dry suit socks from seller rondel101bjrr on eBay and was very pleased with the quality and price. If you are on a budget, definitely look at his drysuit undergarments. I ordered drysuit socks for my wife, and he went out of his way to be helpful and get the right size. I will be buying more from him when the water warms up

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom