Puerto Galero Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

different view:

pg in general is easy diving with depths 5 to 25m/15 to 75tf. done more than 200 dives and haven't seen a single shark. exception is shark cave. up to about 3 small sharks hide in a small cravice during the day. nothing to be afraid of. except to many divers, to much silt!!!

deep sites are: shark cave, fish bowl, canyons, japonese wreck, alma jeane, dry dock and verde island.
these sites can be dived shellow with the exception of shark cave, fish bowl, japonese wreck, alma jane, and dry dock

night dive at canyons? need to do that next time!!!

vis: in general 15 to 20m. have seen it with 30plus and 3minus!!!

with a girlfrind i would choose asia divers/el galleon. only resort with a pier. equipment is carried to the banka. i like diving from bankas not beeing squeesed in cattle boats.

anyhow you will have a terriffic time there.

rikraeder,

Oh, and your gf shouldn't be so scared of u/w sharks in PG, but rather this CREATURE that's been know to lurk around The Point Bar and its surroundings waters... Be scared, be very scared...

Not_Quite_DIR.JPG

larry seems thinner in that pic.

you woudn't belief it - i hate shooters

but smb is fine for the whole evening....

Attachments

• neues barschild.jpg
    neues barschild.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 34
  • puerto galera 113.jpg
    puerto galera 113.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 30
I've seen 3 white tip sharks in Shark Caves, Puerto Galera. Out of 8 PG dives this year, I was able to see sharks only once.

The probabilities of seeing one is greater in Mainit Point in Anilao on a weekday morning. I once went there on a early morning weekday and was able to see 3 black tip sharks on a single dive...
did the same dive... 9am tuesday morning at mainit... 4 black tips, a school of meter+ long midnight snappers and a solitary king trevally jack

amazing dive that one... bugger that i didn't have my cam with me at the time...

Jag

Thanks for all the info. I'd love to swim in shark infested waters, but gf definitely would not. I'm glad to hear that Action Divers checks out, but perhaps they overstated things a bit on their site. In any event, I've heard lots of good things about PG so I'm looking forward to the trip. GF doesn't dive as much as I do, so I guess I'll have enough adventure diving to tide me over, anyway. Plan on doing many night dives! Thanks again, all. I'll have to take my camera to Point Bar in case I see The Creature!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom