Puerto Galero Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have had "swimmers ear" the last three trips....it is common. Use the mix and you will do just fine.

Just back from 2 weeks in PG.
Stayed at out of the blue vilas, diving with Action divers.

Accom- Was brilliant; the villas are superb.
Diving- Dive times were restricted to 45 mins. No sharks... Viss(8-10m) was not great due to poor weather.
Due to 2 nearby tropical storms/typhoons conditions were far from ideal. Only saw the sun for about 30 mins in 2 weeks. Even had a brief earthquake.

Was a little dissappointed in the diving. I think we dived a lot of the sheltered sites due to the relatively inexperenced group i was diving with. Highlight was a huge sea snake very close on a drift dive. Will add some photos to my gallery soon.

As for Sabang itself avoid if you can, its pretty sleazy. Best to stay on the Point/Laguna side.

If i go back i would stay in El galleon.
Highlights- Point bar, Pepper steak in El Galleon & Thai noodles in full moon.

If you need any more info let me know..

man, i missed eating in Full Moon. :(

sorry bout the bad timing, Kev. in most days, diving in PG is quite cool. :hugs:

This darn weather messed things up.....as for 45 minutes dive times, well, that is going the standard since most of the chambers are not working properly or the operators are not available to operate them. This is a shame since we expect Panay tourism to skyrocket in 2008 and we're still waiting on "our" chamber. Using the 45 minute rule is just another way to care for the safety of everyone on the dive. Frustrating but prudent. Come back in March when the diving is PRIMO!!!

It could have been a lot worse.
There was only 1 afternoon dive that was cancelled due to the rough seas.
Was more worried about missing my flights as the coastguard cancelled all boats between Sab-& Bant for a few days.

Anyway already planning my return visit to South Philippines in Feb. Planning some whale shark action!!

There ya go!! You are going to have a blast!

Thanks, Kevster. Sorry to hear about the weather.

Which villa did you have? We have the 2-bedroom for New Years. Hoping the weather clears a bit, and doing some dives...but perfectly willing to spend time at the Point Bar as an alternative to the current view I have out the window.

The Bering Sea is mostly frozen in front of the house, I'm afraid, at the moment, and we have had snow on the ground for October 2nd. It was -15 degrees F a week ago...and we have had 90 kilometers per hour winds for the last two days.

Yeah...Ready for some GOOD weather. San Miguel.

Question: for diving PG and Dumaguet do we need full 3 mm suits, or or our shorties OK?

Johncn

The 2 bedroom Villa right at the top was fantastic last time I was there. I can't stay anywhere else after that!

The 2 bedroom Villa right at the top was fantastic last time I was there. I can't stay anywhere else after that!

hmmmmmnnnnn :14: i wonder why.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom