Puerto Galera, Phillipines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chip104... thanks for your recommendations on Manila after PG.. will have to see when exactly we will arrive there in and when we depart to see if we have enough dive days in PG.

Tarzana

chip104:
If you would like to go shopping, then I would recommend a day in manila. I'm having a brain fart right now because I can't think of any 'better' tourist attractions in the city other than Intramuros/Luneta and the shopping. But I'd rather do the shopping.

IMHO (in my honest opinion), since you're only staying a week, I would just skip manila and just go for the diving! Especially if you are considering checking out Anilao and Isla Verde. Time will really fly. But if you are just considering PG, and in the case you get tired of diving, then you can always save the last day to go to the city instead.

Hope that helps. Saw you post in the PPD forum, hope you find all your answers!

tarzana:
Hello RoatanMan,

It has been a busy week but now I have the chance to say thanks for your comments about the Atlantis Hotel. I personally could stay just about anywhere but, with the sizable group that I will take, this hotel sounds like it would be the best choice.

Seemed ideal, of all of them, for this need.

Have you done any current dives there?

Everything was a current dive. In front of the hotel wasn't a screamer, but with a five foot tidal change, it could be 1 to 1.5 mph on certain areas, notably to the East at the points.

Batangas Channel was a jet ride, not much to see, but quite a flyer! 3-3.5 mph. Zoom.

We rented scooters for one dive and absolutely went bersek re-enacting the scene from Thunderball. After the DM got over it, he engaged us in playing "chicken" as well as "bumper cars"!

Please tell me about Isla Verde and which are your favorite dive sites there when you have a chance.

On the far S East end- moored to a concrete piling in the middle of the off shore area- amidst a swirling boil of converging currents. Not for the stupid.

On the SW corner, a serries of parallel chutes (mini walls) lots of excitement with current, but very shallow. A lot more room for error, but a good training dive.

Again thanks!
tarzana

The folks who ran the very primitive dive resort at Isla Verde (N side) were very friendly and fed us quite well. Bring some fun toys for their 4-6 yo kids!

RoatanMan,

Good info on the dive sites. Will keep in my docx for the trip planning.

tarzana

RoatanMan:
The folks who ran the very primitive dive resort at Isla Verde (N side) were very friendly and fed us quite well. Bring some fun toys for their 4-6 yo kids!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom