Puerta Vallarta dive op ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Norma

New
Reaction score
Going to Puerta Vallarta in early Jan. with Apple Vacations. Staying at Las Palmas by the Sea. Can someone please discuss dive ops with me? Which company should I use? Which ones not. Is there a decent one with our hotel?
Muchas Gracias,
Norma:rolleyes:

I sure can help you, just that I am tired right now so I will answer you tomorrow. For the meantime you should post a message on the topic " introductions and greets " to introduce yourself to the board and its members.

here are some sites for you to check out until tomorrow.

chicos dive shop

Ocean Quest

hasta mañana.
eric
p.s. i live about 4 hours from vallarta:) :) :)

erubic once bubbled...
here are some sites for you to check out until tomorrow.

chicos dive shop

Ocean Quest
DON'T DO IT! I made a dozen dives in PV back in July, and before I went I did a LOT of research on dive shops. Both Chicos and Vallarta Divers are CATTLE BOATS. Those shops get recomended a lot because they are the biggest, but they are NOT the best. I used Pacific Scuba based on the recomendation of a Scuba Board, Puerta Vallarta resident, and after long conversations with the shops.
Please read my trip report!:
http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31616&highlight=vallarta
Good luck!

you know what, I just erased a post of about 3 paragraphs of info of all the dive shops in Puerto Vallarta because after reading what RICK INMAN wrote again I erased it. I figured because of ALL the research he did, and his 5 trips out, that there is no way I could compare!!(11 days is a lot) I'm also glad he has dove with ALL the dive shops to get his first hand info. not just what someone said. (if I worked in a Ford dealer I wouldn't tell you to go buy a chevy!!!):bonk: Anyway Norma if you would like anymore information on the topic send me a private message and I will be glad to share some of my experiences with you.

vallarta dive shops - from the padi website

erubic once bubbled...
you know what, I just erased a post of about 3 paragraphs of info of all the dive shops in Puerto Vallarta because after reading what RICK INMAN wrote again I erased it. I figured because of ALL the research he did, and his 5 trips out, that there is no way I could compare!!(11 days is a lot) I'm also glad he has dove with ALL the dive shops to get his first hand info. not just what someone said. (if I worked in a Ford dealer I wouldn't tell you to go buy a chevy!!!):bonk: Anyway Norma if you would like anymore information on the topic send me a private message and I will be glad to share some of my experiences with you.

vallarta dive shops - from the padi website
Wow. Sounds like you were personally offended at my post. I didn't address you personally (unlike your reply to my post) I was just giving my opinion - which is the purpose of this board. Please accept my apology if I hurt your feelings, for this was not my intent. I'm sure you do know a lot more than I do about the dive shops in PV. I'm only telling you what I saw (and what others say if you do a complete search). Like you, just trying to help out a fellow diver, who I'm sure is smart enough to read all opinions and make up her own mind.
Different thoughts, different information, different opinions. That's what Scuba Board is all about.
And good idea asking Norma to PM you so you can give her your advice unchallenged.

Rick, I accept your apology, as long as you accept mine. I was offended, because I felt like it was directed at me. I tried to erase the post later (after 120 min.) but could not. I also tried emailing the admin to see if they could erase it for me but the email address is not correct. In your last post you nailed it
Like you, just trying to help out a fellow diver, who I'm sure is smart enough to read all opinions and make up her own mind.
Rick please allow me the pleasure to accept my apology because your $.02(and everyone elses) is the reason for me being on this board!!I am sincerely sorry for the misunderstanding and hope one day if you come back down this way you would let me invite you to go diving!!:)

d33ps1x- I am not a surfer but in sayulita there are really good waves. Sayulita is about 30 mins north of Puerto Vallarta. They have surf contests there. It is a nice small town with a really large American population. Joe Montana has a house there along with a few other rich and or famos people. About the diving. what part of the country are you in??? Maybe I can tell you how it compares to P.V. Puerto Vallarta is not a dive destination like cozumel. It is different. the majority of people go there for vacation and end up diving not going there just to dive. I personally love to dive in P.V. Right now there are huge mantas in the bay. 10 days ago there were 3 sharks at "el morro" but I don't know if they are still there.

Eric

erubic once bubbled...
Rick, I accept your apology, as long as you accept mine. I was offended, because I felt like it was directed at me. I tried to erase the post later (after 120 min.) but could not. I also tried emailing the admin to see if they could erase it for me but the email address is not correct. In your last post you nailed it
Rick please allow me the pleasure to accept my apology because your $.02(and everyone elses) is the reason for me being on this board!!I am sincerely sorry for the misunderstanding and hope one day if you come back down this way you would let me invite you to go diving!!:)
Eric
Eric,
I found PV to have the friendliest people I've ever met, great prices, great food and nice diving. I plan on returning, and when I do I would love to accept your gracious offer to dive together.
Thanks!!!!
Rick

Ok, now that we got all that out of the way........can either of you recommend a good operator for advanced divers?

I went to PV 2 years ago and dove with Chicos. I only had 10 dives under my BC....so I kind of liked the fact that it was a cattle car type operation and I wanted to be guided along to enjoy things without worries.

Well now 2 years and countless dollars later and I am diving twice a month in monterey with my girlfriend. We are going to PV in January and we are trying to find someone to book at least 4 days of really good dives.

I wrote to Aquaguy but never got a reply....someone recommended him. I wrote to Chicos asking about getting a better rate for 5 days of diving and got a form letter in return....lol

So what we would like is to find someone who can take us to Chimo and El Morro and show us the mantas.....preferably without all the snorkelers and screaming kids!!! And maybe kick us a deal for having all our own gear and diving everyday for 5 days.

Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom