Puerta Vallarta dive op ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I learned to dive at pv and most of my dives are there. i love the place. i'm glad that you have had fun there too.
btw giant mantas and whales are seen at pv during january and february, when the water is cold, the rest of the year you're lucky if you see one but is always possible....

Dear Rick Inman
vallartadivers.com (Ocean Quest Dive Center) takes maximum only 5 divers per boat with two Padi pro guides, you must be confused with Vallarta Adventures the biggest Cattle tour company in Puerto Vallarta.
Rick Inman:
DON'T DO IT! I made a dozen dives in PV back in July, and before I went I did a LOT of research on dive shops. Both Chicos and Vallarta Divers are CATTLE BOATS. Those shops get recomended a lot because they are the biggest, but they are NOT the best. I used Pacific Scuba based on the recomendation of a Scuba Board, Puerta Vallarta resident, and after long conversations with the shops.
Please read my trip report!:
http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31616&highlight=vallarta
Good luck!

Mantaklaus:
Dear Rick Inman
vallartadivers.com (Ocean Quest Dive Center) takes maximum only 5 divers per boat with two Padi pro guides, you must be confused with Vallarta Adventures the biggest Cattle tour company in Puerto Vallarta.
Yes, that is what I meant. Thanks! I stand humbly corrected...

I just returned from PV and dove all week with Pacific Scuba after reading the threads here. Definately a good shop to work with. Flexible, small groups (5-7 divers on each trip) and avoid the crowds. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Thanks! Jay

jayip:
I just returned from PV and dove all week with Pacific Scuba after reading the threads here. Definately a good shop to work with. Flexible, small groups (5-7 divers on each trip) and avoid the crowds. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Thanks! Jay

What hotel did you stay at?

~Matt Segal

segal3:

Not that you asked me...

I assume you're asking because you're considering going to PVR; if you're just asking out of personal curiosity forgive me for interupting.

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Camino Real in Puerto Vallarta last year. We liked it so much that when it seemed the best thing to do, for various reasons, to go back to Vallarta this year for spring vacation we didn't even pause to consider another hotel. Everything about that place is amazing. I highly recommend staying on the club side; not that the 'deluxe side' has anything crummy about it... just that the club side is not that much more but it is the absolute lap of luxury.

Feel free to PM me for details (or just here in open court, whatever) or curse me under your breath (or just here in open court, whatever) for being presumptuous.

Also: Ocean Quest all the way. I did my check out dives with them last year and I can't wait to get back down there and dive the same site with them... actually see the place instead of just staring at the DM the whole time hoping nothing bad happens.

I'm going with some friends who will be doing their check out dives with them this year.

We fell in love :07: with diving last year and cannot wait to go back. The hissing of the regulators is going to be music to our ears :dazzler1:

Here is my question......my daughter who is 12 and I are new divers. Last year we got certified here in Idaho in yucky murky waters. We then went to Cozumel and thought that we had died and gone to heaven! We were HOOKED!

So this year we are looking to go to PV as we can use our FF miles to get us there. What do you think of the diving for us new kids (our deepest depth in Cozumel was 90ft with a guide) or should we bag it for this year and save our pennies and go back to Cozumel next year. We are looking at going to PV in late July.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Angel hugs to all!

Susie

Cozumel is tough to beat. I always say CZM is the best, cheapest dive in the Caribbean. I haven't yet done PV, but will next week!

Bonaire is great, as are the Cayman's - but more expensive than CZM. After you've done a few years - go out to the CoCo's or Galapagos to 'bond' with the schooling hammerheads and whale sharks !!!!

As a newby - just be careful out there. If something's not right - go another day......and 90 ft is plenty deep for a beginner. Not much pretty stuff down below that anyway - everything turns gray.

No hurry to see it all, as it still will all be there next time you come back.

Yes, ANYWHERE in the ocean is better than cold, yucky lakes.......

Bill

Dear Suzy
In July the water will be nice and warm and often the visibility is very good.
Contact Ocean Quest Dive Centerhttp://www.oceanquestmexico.com
They will take good care of you and your daughter, they take small groups 4-5 people at the time and they will help you to choose the right dive site for you. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom