Puddle Jumper from Cancun to Coz?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NightRaven77

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Anyone know what the price of a short plane ride from Cancun to Coz would be?? Due to the rising costs during spring break Im trying to find a cheaper way to get to Cozumel.........Dive packages are reasonable but the airfare is outrageous........

:Wizard:

Take the bus down to Playa del Carmen and take the ferry across... Waaaaay cheaper.

Yes, it's about $165, r/t, and presently flies only twice a day.

Taking a first class, A/C bus from the Cancun airport to Playa del Carmen & then ferrying across to Coz can be done for about $35, r/t. Buses & ferries depart about every hour.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

We did the ferry, too .... much more economical .... and much more fun. Recommend the blue ferries. One of the yellow ones is a real tub.

Let's get wet! :palmtree:
Eric.

I agree take the blue ferries it take's about 25 or 35min to get across.Cost us 8.50us each.that is one way thougt.

Yes, take the Blue. The blue one gave us a free seat for our 1 year old where the yellow wanted a full fare. Also the adult fare on the blue was less.

BTW, where in Ohio are you and what kinds of fares have you been finding?

NightRaven77:
Anyone know what the price of a short plane ride from Cancun to Coz would be?? Due to the rising costs during spring break Im trying to find a cheaper way to get to Cozumel.........Dive packages are reasonable but the airfare is outrageous........

:Wizard:

I'm in a similar boat. I found a nice cheap cheap cheap last minute flight to Cancun that I'm taking so for the first time I'm flying into Cancun instead of direct to Coz. Personally, I'm taking the bus/ferry. I figure, I can't dive the day I fly in anyway, except for a shore dive or 3. I'm staying in Cancun on the last night. I plan to take the bus back after the morning dives on the next to the last day.

James

That was the worst flight I have ever been on, and have not been on one that bad since. The 9-seat plane was in pathetic shape. There was much duct tape, and all of the gauges were clearly broken, as in, smashed. The pilot was twelve. The engine stalled, twice. I, uh, chummed. All in the course of a fifteen minute flight. We survived, and went on to drink many cervesas that night as a result.

It's not a long way.
Take the ferry.

SueMermaid:
That was the worst flight I have ever been on, and have not been on one that bad since. The 9-seat plane was in pathetic shape. There was much duct tape, and all of the gauges were clearly broken, as in, smashed. The pilot was twelve. The engine stalled, twice. I, uh, chummed. All in the course of a fifteen minute flight. We survived, and went on to drink many cervesas that night as a result.
So, would you do it again? :54: Seriously, I've flown around MX and not had these issues, which service did you use? BTW - I'd take the ferry too, just from a cost angle...

SueMermaid:
That was the worst flight I have ever been on, and have not been on one that bad since. The 9-seat plane was in pathetic shape. There was much duct tape, and all of the gauges were clearly broken, as in, smashed.

Do yourself a favor and never take pilot's lessons. That would be an apt description of many of the rental planes I used when I learned to fly. My favorite was the one that was actively leaking fuel from the wing.

James

Back
Top Bottom