PSD: 2nd Annual ScubaBoard 17th Annual OceanWATCH Clean-up Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sigh....
Yet another dive cancelled due to cruddy weather caused by Tropical Depressions/Tropical Storms/Hurricanes in the area. You would think someone with get a clue and move the state out of 'Hurricane Alley'.
You know it's the governments fault. If I were governor, I would move the state over to a more realistic location - somewhere that doesn't have to worry about Hurricanes.... maybe Kansas. No, they have tornados..... California? tsunami potential..... Hummm help me out here.... North Dakota? Even the Canadains avoid North Dakota. Whew, think of it.... No over crowded dive boats to contend with... WOW! What a thought!

Lee

maybe I shouldn't take any more of Eric's pills....

The problem with north Dakota is that 4 months a year you have to cut a hole in the ice to dive, 4 months a year the ice is too unsafe to dive, and 4 months a year the vis is crap due to the runoff from the ice. Which is why we Canadians or former canadians as it were (used to live in alberta) avoid north dakota...

Well... this kind of sucks, eh? Moving the REEF Fish ID class last year 4 times because of weather and now our Second PSD of the year (I know, I'm slackin this year, but its because of good reason!) is being weathered out! Well, for those who are going to party over there, yawl have fun!

Sooooooooo.. here's the next gathering in the planning stages.. Venice Beach, June 25th or 26th for the 2nd Annual Summer Fossil Dive and KBulla Birthday Party.

Here we go again canceling dives a full 24 hours before the dive is schelduled!

In the words of one of my bestest dive buddies..."I thought you were a DIVER man?"

This beach dive has been deemed a hopeless adventure that promises certain death from the 4' waves crashing on the soft, sandy, slopped South Florida shore. I therefore have elected to contact Parrot Island Scuba Adventures and Captain Jerry said they are going out tommorow to dive Captain Dan Wreck This dive is a 0900 Go so plan accordingly. There are only like 14 spots left so book now!

After this dive I am going to towel off and put on my old man shorts, black socks and big hat to help pick up some twine and trash on the beach with the other fair weather swimmers.

Eric
(the diver)

HA! 5-6' waves offshore. Not me buddy. I'm not about to chance a slip and catch on my right side..nooo sirrreee!

CBulla:
Sooooooooo.. here's the next gathering in the planning stages.. Venice Beach, June 25th or 26th for the 2nd Annual Summer Fossil Dive and KBulla Birthday Party.

Gee , it's someone else's birthday too that weekend? :11:
Guess I will DEFINTATELY have to make this one !!! :wink:
We can celibrate together :dazzler1:

Jean

madeline:
lil38 ok, sorry you won't be able to make it, chuck and I are coming down fri nite, chuck wants to do a nite dive,
Go figure... I just get all the details worked out, then... AAAARRRGGHH! TS Arlene, ya messin' up the plan! I was really lookin' forward to the whole thing. Certified in Pompano last month and loved it! The idea of gettin' back there so soon had me pumped! Oh well, got Nitrox class Monday, gotta study this weekend. Ya'll have fun at the party and all. Jenny, probably won't be a record breakin' crowd at your place. I'm just hopin' there'll be another party soon... Next trip to Pompano, August 5th. Unless I win the LOTTO :)

For anybody that might still be interested..this is from Laura at OceanWatch.org
Hello all Fishy friends,

As you all probably already guessed Oceanwatch has
had to cancel the dive portion of the cleanup due
to high seas at the piers from Tropical Storm Arlene.
Too bad, but we will try to reschedule the pier cleanups.

We still are planning to do the Beach cleanup and
we will have food for 300+ people at John U Lloyd so
please show up at your favorite beach site 9a-12n and
the party starts at 230pm. Rain or shine. We just
have to make the best of this. It is what it is.
Please pass this along to any divers you know who
were planning on helping. Hope to see as many
of you as possible to help clean the beaches and then come
help EAT UP ALL OF THE FOOD!! One pass to John U LLOYD
will be given to each car of participants at the beach site
sign-in location. One party pass per person as well.
The party has a nominal fee of $5.00 per person.

Thanks for your support of OceanWatch's annual event.
Laura Doran / Conservation Team

From Sun Sentinel, June 11 2005

Three kilos of cocaine -- about 6 1/2 pounds, possibly worth more than $100,000 -- washed up along Broward County beaches Friday morning.

A resident spotted a one-kilo bundle about 7:30 a.m. near the Deerfield Beach pier and turned it over to deputies, said Hugh Graf, spokesman for the Broward Sheriff's Office. Another two were found in Fort Lauderdale, one in the 3900 block of Galt Ocean Drive and the other in the 2700 block of N. State Road A1A, said Officer Bill Schultz, spokesman for the Fort Lauderdale Police Department.

Both agencies have launched a joint investigation into where the cocaine came from, Schultz said. Cocaine regularly sells from between $12,000 and $35,000 per kilo, depending on the purity, according to the U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency.

:monkeydan :monkeydan :monkeydan :monkeydan :jump: :bounce: :multi: :bounce: :jump: :monkeydan :monkeydan :monkeydan :monkeydan

Dibs on any bags of ... um ... grass clippings. :D

At 7am it was still pouring at my place,
at 8am the dog crawled into bed cuz of all the thunder (she Hates it!)
now at 11am I can still see from the webcams that is a Rock n Roll pea soup day on the ocean.

Jello shots are still only in my imagination.
Mebbe I'll wup out a batch of orange-ginger-walnut-white-choco-party brownies to make the trip south.

Choco Party ... good good ...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom