PSD: 2nd Annual ScubaBoard 17th Annual OceanWATCH Clean-up Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CBulla:
Madeline.. try here:

http://www.thebarefootplace.com/

$40 a night, and its beach side... 100 yards to the water :D
Madeline, this is a great price if the rooms are halfway clean! I won't be able to stay overnight. Not really sure if I'll even make it at all. Same ol' story... not enough hours in the day... Gotta get my "ducks in a row" it's been a busy couple of weeks!

Okay - - So I do not "miss the boat" on Sunday ... What dive op are we using for sure? WHen are we diving? ANd where do I sign up?

ERic

lil38 ok, sorry you won't be able to make it, chuck and I are coming down fri nite, chuck wants to do a nite dive,

what does this report do for fri nights dive, looks a bit wavy out there,?? hmmm
Friday
Southeast winds 20 to 25 knots. Seas 6 to 8 feet. Intracoastal waters rough in exposed areas. Numerous showers and isolated thunderstorms.
Friday Night
Southeast winds around 20 knots with gusts to around 28 knots. Seas 5 to 7 feet. Intracoastal waters a moderate chop. Numerous showers and isolated thunderstorms.
Saturday
South winds 15 to 20 knots. Seas 2 to 3 feet near shore and up to 3 to 5 feet well offshore. Intracoastal waters a moderate chop. Scattered showers and thunderstorms

It shouldn't matter to much. If it were Venice Beach, we'd have issues, but its different on the east coast.. right Jenny??

madeline:
Saturday
South winds 15 to 20 knots. Seas 2 to 3 feet near shore and up to 3 to 5 feet well offshore. Intracoastal waters a moderate chop. Scattered showers and thunderstorms
Seas 2-3 are very doable, but there will be a bit of surge, and the vis will be low. Reality is that we will not know until Sat morning exactly what the conditions are like.
I spoke to Keith at OceanWatch a few minutes ago, and he told me that the beach cleanup will go on, diving or not. Also, the Cleanup Party is still on. They have a huge tent that has room for 40 tables. So, the worst case scenerio is that some will decide not to dive, and walk the beach instead. Then off to the Cleanup Party, then off to my house for the after after party!

OK folks, I have some good news and some bad news. What do you want to hear first? The bad news? Ok
The diving is cancelled this weekend.
The good news is there still is a beach clean up, party afterwards, and an after after party.
SO, just because there is no diving, no reason to cancel our plans to party!!! Besides, I cleaned my house...sigh...

argh....

well, i was looking forward to that... good news is, i won't have to drive 5 hours,
get to South Florida at roughly 3 in the morning, and wake up at 7:00 to dive

bad news is, i don't get to see everybody

H2Andy:
argh....

well, i was looking forward to that... good news is, i won't have to drive 5 hours,
get to South Florida at roughly 3 in the morning, and wake up at 7:00 to dive

bad news is, i don't get to see everybody

Ditto to what he said. So I quess while some of you will be walking the beach a few of us will be diving under the beach, so to speak.
Have fun to all those still going.

Chuck

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom