Project Aware

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tabasco1955

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I don't know how many of you out there are already aware of this, but I feel it's worth mentioning for those of you who aren't. There is an annual event going on at Table Rock Lake (actually, all over the world) September 18th and 19th, "Project Aware". I participated for the first time last year and had a really good time, plus, it's for a very good cause, underwater clean-up. I think there were around 250+ divers that participated, hopefully more this year. Rock Lane Resort (just a couple of miles from Silver Dollar City) offers a special rate of $99 for two people, two nights accomodations at the resort. They have dive boats that take everyone out and supply all your air, you can get 2 dives in Saturday and at least one Sunday if you want, you aren't required to make any certain number of dives. They also serve a free lunch Saturday and Sunday, and have a party Saturday night with drawings for lots of cool prizes, I think everyone that attended last year got something, you get a free T-shirts too. They "may" have a party Friday night too, I'm not sure. If anyone would like more information, visit http://scuba-sports.com/aware.htm.

Good Diving,
Mike

Gonna try to make this one with ya Mike! My gear is showing up slowly, daily... where is that brown truck today????!!!! LOL

I'll be there.

I've had it marked on my calender for a few months already. I've heard that there is some diving off of the ducks down there too. That would be really fun.

Chance for a good Midwest Muck Divers Meet-Up? BBQ? See you all there!

Had it on the calender for weeks now. Only two dives on saturday and one on sunday? You call that diving. Shots fire, I'm use to anywhere from at least four to five dives a day with approx. eight to twelve dives before the weekend is out. Do it every weekend. Oh, we won't mention Bowling Green...lol.

John, hope you can make it, it's a good time! Ahhhhh, the brown truck huh, we all know the watched pot never boils!

Becki, hope to see you there, this is a good opportunity to get that fresh water diving in you are wanting, not to mention meeting new "Muck" buddies! Hope to see you there!

Bob, yes, they take the divers out on pontoons and "Ducks" so if you are in the right group you can dive off one of the "Ducks"! I was on a pontoon last year so I haven't experienced the "Ducks" myself yet.

Stingray, you can do all the diving you want provided you can get air, with that many divers it takes a looooong time for them to fill all the tanks! They actually burned up a compressor last year!

Actually, I agree with Jmaserati, I think we need to arrange a time and place for all of us "Muck" divers to meet and get to know each other! There is a lounge area inside the resort office building, that would be a good place to meet! I don't know what time everyone will be there but maybe we could meet around 8:00 or so, I will definitely be there since I am taking Friday off to get there early. Hopefully a good portion of us will be there by then and the ones that aren't can join us as they arrive. I can make up a little "Muck Divers" sign for the table as a gathering point! Also, the ones of us that want to can go out on the same boat as a group, we just need to find us a boat (or "Duck) that's not already taken and hop on! Anyone interested in getting together just PM me and I'll make a list as we go and we'll work out the details from there.

Mike

We are booked @ the Rocklane Resort Fri & Sat night. They said the rooms are $50 + tax per night this year & that the information on the food is outdated (however they didn't say if they are having a buffet or any special meal deal)

"Rocklane Resort is offering to divers Friday and Saturday night hotel accommodations for two for $99. The restaurant will be offering an all you can eat buffet of roast pig and turkey dinner special for $14.95 including tax and tip on Saturday evening. Stick around for the live music and party after dinner on Saturday night."

Terry

stingray1:
Had it on the calender for weeks now. Only two dives on saturday and one on sunday? You call that diving. Shots fire, I'm use to anywhere from at least four to five dives a day with approx. eight to twelve dives before the weekend is out. Do it every weekend. Oh, we won't mention Bowling Green...lol.

Not to worry, Stingray. Only the fru-fru cleanup divers do the minimum number to get their free lunch and t-shirt. I'll be down there for an evening and night dive on Friday, will have a boat all day long on Saturday, will make a couple night dives, and then a couple more boat dives on Sunday. Let me know if you'd like to be part of my group--we go out from the State Park Marina, but do meet the rest of the mob for lunch.

theskull

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom