Project Aware???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverdown247:
Has anyone decided if any of us from SB are going to meet up a little early to put faces with names?

I still plan on being down by the Marina around 7:30am. Probably driving silver Honda Accord with Nebr plates.

Terry

"Old 08-19-2006, 09:41 AM #36
Wkndbum

Quote:
Originally Posted by cummings66
You know in the past we've tried to hook up and do a scuba board diver boat, and we've come close to filling that boat. We should at least try to meet up and put a face to the names here, what do you guys think about it?

Matt,

I'll be down by the marina around 7:30am Sat morning.

Terry"

I will be there with my dive buddy and maybe about five with me around 9:00AM. I have to work that day, wish I could play hooky but with fellow works would not look good. I am hoping to get some RSVP maybe this Friday. Plus my tanks should be VIP by today. I know it starts at 8:00AZm but I will get there as soon as I can.

Ok, so this is it for me...

I will be arriving on Thursday evening as early as I can get there and will leave to come back on Sunday night. I will get as much diving as I can in. I have a buddy and his wife driving up to dive as well. She may or may not be doing all of the dives as she is still gaining comfort in the water and somewhat apprehensive, so we will do some easier ones with her at some points. That said me and my buddy are planning to do a night dive as well. If someone else is doing the same we could possibly meet for that one evening.

I am renting tanks from the local shop and will not be down early enough Thursday to pick them up so I will have to wait to get them on Friday morning. My friends are renting their gear from the same shop, I have everything but the tanks.

If people want to have a get together at any point during that time, just name a time and place and I should have 3 there.

I have no idea who we are diving with for AWARE at this point, im just kind of planning for everything to work itself out, and as I am pretty laid back that works fine for me.

Matt, I figure I will be calling and talking to you about getting together at some point... I dont have anything as wonderful as a Can light but I picked up a UK D8 until I can get one, if you plan on doing your night dive we might chat a bit and maybe all of us hook up for that.

I am looking forward to meeting as many of you as I can, and if I do not see you... well everyone have a fun and safe weekend diving.

We will be staying at rock lane resort, if anyone is gonna be there Thursday (or perhaps another point) thats up for some late night Hnefatafl action just let me know... I will be bringing my homemade board.
Josh

I'm at Rocklane as well, don't know the room yet. I'll do a night dive Friday night if you want to, I know Saturday DRRob and I'll be doing a night dive. I've never done one so I'm looking forwards to one. The D8 is a very nice dive light, you'll be very happy with it.

What is Hnefatafl?

For all of us that are coming from Scubaboard why don't we meet down in front of the ramp the morning of Project Aware say at 8 am? Rob and Terry will meet me there and if we could get enough of us at one time maybe we could do an entire boat with us? We'd have to meet then register after we get together and such, could be real fun.

I'm bring my drysuit and also wetsuit, I think I'll use the wetsuit for the PA dives and then dive dry for fun.

Hnefatafl - It means King's Table... also goes by a few other names.

This could explain more of it...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tafl_games

Its fun, interesting and easy to learn and the rules are sort of a generalization as its sort of a simpler chess predecessor popular with the Norse and the actual rules have been lost with history. I have seen enough variations on the rules that make it easy to adjust for a handicap. I think my board is 11x11. If your at Rocklane we will have to play a game or 10.

Josh

Looks like we'll have to watch out for these boys. When they're tournament fishing, nothing slows them down.

September 14-17: CITGO Bassmaster Elite Series The Rock
Table Rock Lake, Kimberling City, Missouri

TV Airdates: The CITGO Bassmasters on Saturday, September 23 at 10am ET, ESPN2

Launch: 5:30am CT/Thurs.-Sun. — What's Up Dock Marina, 49 Lake Road, Kimberling City, MO 65686 (www.whatsupdockmarina.com)

Weigh-in: 3pm CT/Thurs.-Sun. — What's Up Dock Marina, 49 Lake Road, Kimberling City, MO 65686

EXPO: Noon - 6pm CT Saturday & 1pm - 6:00pm CT Sunday — What's Up Dock Marina, 49 Lake Road, Kimberling City, MO 65686
Angler Alley: 4-6 pm CT Wednesday, September 14 — American Legion Post, Woodland Ave. (behind Harter House Supermarket), Kimberling City, MO 65686
General Information: www.Kimberlingcitylodging.com

Sorry guys, I can't make it down. I'm here at home in my Lazyboy chair dreaming of diving because the Doctor told me absolutely no diving this weekend and I'm not supposed to ride in a car until my back is healed up. For all those who get to and will dive this weekend I envy you.

I don't know what I did to the back, I was fine and then had a small tender spot which I dismissed as nothing much. Next thing I know I can't get out of bed. The X-Ray is interesting to me although the Doctor said it was ugly. I even got one of them that didn't turn out like they wanted so I have a show and tell for my daughter when the letter X comes up. The vertebrae go up straight then near the middle of the back it takes a turn to the left of about 10 degree's or so and it hurts quite a bit.

I got my first EKG done as well because they wanted to make sure I wasn't having a heart attack. Now I've got bald spots on me... At least I know the ole ticker is good to go.

Assuming all goes well, in a couple weeks I plan to be down there to do a dive with Scuba Sports before they put the boat away.

Don't feel bad Matt. I missed out today as well. Alarm went off at 6am, so I had a good 3 hour cat-nap. Got in the shower and couldn't clear my head. Hmmm...all stuffed up, but felt fine 3 hours earlier. Figured I'd give it an hour and leave just before 7. Nope, still clogged, so I didn't make the trip. Hope they all had fun though. It was a VERY sunny day today.

cummings66:
Sorry guys, I can't make it down.

Sorry you couldn't make it. Hope the back is better ("been there, done that")

We had a great time Sat. Good bunch to dive with, good food, great door prizes, lots
of treasure/trash.

Thank you to Scuba Sports in Branson & everyone else that donated/helped with the
event.

800 mi for 3 dives! YOU BET!

I'll be back again next year.

Terry

Well, the back is closer to normal but still I'm on meds for it. I am back to work but I'm not allowed to lift anything, not that I could right now anyhow. I know I tried to move my HP100 and could not, forget about trying to move those HP120's. They'll set by the door until I can move them, hopefully to dive. At least they're inside and ready to go.

I really missed diving with you guys, it's one of the events I look forwards to and not much gets in the way of it. There's still the new years dive and the DUI event, haven't been wet in a drysuit in a while... Terry will get that one...

Apparently I have a disk that's seen better days and I was told it looked like an old injury. Now that I'm a bit older and wiser I wish I had listened to those that said lift properly and other gave other sage bits of wisdom which went in one ear and out the other. I fully expect my daughter to learn things the hard way as I have, but I hope she listens when I tell her about taking care of her body.

If I knew then what I know now, how many of us have said that.

Back
Top Bottom