Project Aware???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

skdvr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey there everyone... I have heard of project aware down at Table Rock but I was wondering if anyone knew when it was and how it works. I am new to diving but would love to go down there if I am off work that weekend...

Thanks in advance for the info..

Phil

skdvr:
Hey there everyone... I have heard of project aware down at Table Rock but I was wondering if anyone knew when it was and how it works. I am new to diving but would love to go down there if I am off work that weekend...

Thanks in advance for the info..

Phil

Contact Scuba Sports in Branson for info. http://scuba-sports.com/aware.htm

Sat Sept 16 this year. Lots of door prizes, good picnic lunch & a bunch of good people to dive with. I drove 7 hrs the past 2 years to go & will do it again this year.

See ya there?

Terry

Thanks for the info Terry I think that I am going to try to make it...

Phil

It's well worth doing, you'd be surprised to find picking up trash underwater can be fun. If you're going to stay at a motel book early.

Thanks Matthew, I think that I am working that weekend but I am going to check on Mon morning and if not I am going to make sure that I have that weekend off... My parents have a house down there so I plan on diving there quite a bit this summer. I work a lot of weekends but if I have a free one I will be there... I hope that everyone has a great weekend...

Phil

Gotta agree with Cummings66. My last dive at Beaver Lake, there was so much crap at the bluffs that it made me want to go back just to pick up the trash and put a lift bag on the trash to be picked up at the surface.

I must have counted an easy 2-3 cases of cans, not to mention the 8 bottles of mixed composition I put some air in to float to the surface for pick up (exploded a Gatorade bottle).

Although many of the boaters and partiers don't seem to care, it is technically a diver's environment. Heaven knows we won't get them to clean it up, so it's up to us to do so. Much as I hate to clean up/babysit others, it's nice to know that there's at least a few less pieces of trash to hurt water-borne life so I can enjoy having striper bass tagging along in my bubbles.

I'm off tomorrow, but it's going to be hot. I'll make the trip to Branson and get some info from Scuba Sports and post it up for those who want to know.

I spoke with Louis today. He said to feel free to post a link to the info for Project Aware on his website.

Here's the info, just in case you have trouble with the link:

http://scuba-sports.com/aware.htm

Project Aware and the Center For Marine Conservation have announced the date of the International Cleanup Day.
September 16th

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Table Rock Lake
Branson, Missouri

Those participating in the shore and underwater cleanup will receive free air fills, lunch on Saturday boat transportation to dive sites and eligibility to win great door prizes.
(There is no fee to participate)
Divers will Start meeting at 8:00 am on Saturday at the Table Rock Marina at Rocklane Resort on Indian Point, 2 miles south of Silver Dollar City.

Rocklane Resort is offering to divers Friday and Saturday night hotel accommodations for two for $99.

Participants are responsible for making reservations directly with the resorts that are offering specials to Project Aware divers.

A minimum donation of $25 to Project Aware is requested, but not required.

Please also Call 417-334-9073 and let Scuba Sports Dive Center know you are coming so we can plan for food and boat transportation.

Of course the 16th is the only weekend of Sept that I have to work. I would really like to be able to participate but I do not think that it is going to happen this year for me. Maybe Next year!!!

Phil

I'll try to find out when the clean-up at Beaver Lake is going to happen and post the info for there as well. I'm not 100% sure Beaver does an organized clean-up. It may be diver initiated.

Just let me know. Any excuse is a good one to dive...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom