Profile please!!!!!!!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Theunis

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I don't know about you but I like to watch other divers profiles. A lot of "persons" posting here don't have any profile!!

My question is, are they undercover or not part of the diving community? I have seen "divers" with plenty loged dives without proper profiles!! Why is that? I mean a profile can't give away your identity. I find myself guessing, what gender is the poster, which country is the poster from, etc. etc, etc.

Shouldn't there be a rule to fill in you profile thoroughly?

Some people prefer to remain mysterious !!!!

the K

It does help to have a dive profile so we're able to answer the question better...

The K and El Orans, your profiles are great. At least I feel as if I knowing you by reading your profiles!!

I don't know about you but I like to watch other divers profiles. A lot of "persons" posting here don't have any profile!!

My question is, are they undercover or not part of the diving community?

I didn't realize there really was SCUBA Police, with an undercover unit too...wow!

I have seen "divers" with plenty loged dives without proper profiles!! Why is that? I mean a profile can't give away your identity. I find myself guessing, what gender is the poster, which country is the poster from, etc. etc, etc.

Why is divers in quotes? It looks like to me, your saying they aren't divers because they don't have a profile on scubaboard. People usually don't fill their profiles in for many reasons...one being they probably just don't care that much. Obviously not as much as you care. My recommendation would be to sit back, have a beer, and relax. Enjoy my profile!

It looks like to me, your saying they aren't divers because they don't have a profile on scubaboard.
Then again, he could also be talking about "Cyber Divers" whose gear is non-existent but whose opinions on all kind of topics is unavoidable... :shakehead:

This type of behviour is not limited to SB, every forum has its own Cyber Experts...

Why? Some people dont want to reveal details about themselves to complete strangers numbering in the thousands.

I have taken to gently suggesting that folks add some meat to their profiles for just this reason.

For many I'm sure it's just an oversight.

Pete

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom