Professional Dive Boat - EPIC FAIL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't get the title of this thread.

"Epic Fail" means the boat sank. A diver was left behind. Someone drowned.

You had a disappointment. If that's an "epic fail" in your life, I can't imagine how you would fall to pieces if an actually serious event ever happened to you.

WAIT WAIT WAIT...ZOMBIES ATTACKED THE BOAT AND YOU HAD AN AK-47, BUT 9MM ROUNDS....STANKY1, what really happened that in all your threads to bash hawaii...your from CA? most of the new towns are laid out like cali...what happened bro...did you not get to dive the lava flow on big island?

From what I have read here, the main issue is that the dive op promised the back wall then renegged on the promise due to a snorkeler. I can understand the frustration 100%. That's not cool. So...

either get to the meat and potatoes and tell us who screwed you over or just remove this whole thread. Molokini Back wall is a great dive sometimes, no doubt. It is NO BIGFOOT or SCAM. You may have been scammed by someone though. If someone sold you a trip there and stiffed you at the last minute you have a legitimate claim. So who was it? If you would tell us, this thread might actually get somewhere.

By the way, I DO NOT HAVE A BOAT and I GET CALLS FOR THE BACK WALL ALL THE TIME (Why can't divers tell from my website that I am the SHORE DIVE GUY?). For boat stuff, I prefer to send my guests to either B&B SCUBA or DIVE and SEA MAUI. (The only reason they are in this order is alphabetically), I love both operators. They both treat me like a king. They both have VERY NICE BOATS with HIGHLY EXPERIENCED HUMBLE Staff. Call them. THEY WILL NOT PROMISE YOU A BACK WALL DIVE but if everything lines up right they do take people there every now and then so there is hope!

Come on Stanky, inquiring minds want to know... what are you worried about anyway? You already said the operator pissed you off and didn't make things right. It's only fair to voice your opininion if you're telling the truth.

Shaka Doug: I appreciate your post. I know that diving the Back Wall is not a scam. Some of you in Hawaii are lucky enough to dive it so many times that you might forget why I would want to take my family back there for a look. I don't have endless money, so I may never get the chance to go back to your island and try it again. It certainly won't happen for us as a family. It was a lost opportunity, so yes, it was a big fail (epic might be overstating it a little) for a professional dive op to behave like that. I wouldn't run a business that way, and I get the sense that you don't run yours that way either.

As I said earlier, the purpose of this post was not to trash a business, but instead, it was a chance to vent and maybe give everyone another question to ask when booking a trip: "You don't take snorkelers on this trip, do you?" If I believe I have been wronged, I discuss it with the business owner and give them a chance to make it right. If they don't, they will never get my business again. Sure, I will tell all my friends, and I might even send you a private message with names if you had asked, but I'm not convinced that disparaging a business on an internet forum is the right thing to do. Besides, I believed that the company owner took my complaint seriously, so the rest of you where not at risk of having the same thing happen to you.

As it turns out, I got a message today that the company has issued a refund to my credit card. Mistakes and poor judgement happen; how they are dealt with is what matters to me. I'm glad I didn't name names because now I know that the company has integrity and no reputations were damaged.

Grandizer52: What are your thoughts on this?

you know serval times I have come across this thread and was tempted to say something,first of all I can not believe this thread has endured 5 pages, wow are you kidding me? I just dont believe any of this story, if it had happen like that we would be seeing some names. I have no Idea what the motive is but from the looks of the comment on page three "missed riding turtles on the back wall?" this is not a diver I would nt take on an intro dive.

Good brah...venting...we all need to do it, but alot of visitors become the subject matter expert after "1" visit. sorry to point out but you snapped in another thread about your displeasure. I have been out here a long time, and there are some "idiot boats out there"... one guy thought it was ok to degrade his Japanese clients. he cool thing was a Coast guardsman was onboard when the bilge pump started and oil came out. when asked, he got hot with the sailor. guess who was waiting dockside to finish the conversation. so personally and professionally, I'd say your thread is both right and wrong, bland and white, and not black and white. several of us hope you do get the chance to come back, and see the other islands, and don't think that hawaii is a cesspool for drop outs that want to get payed to go diving, unless your shaka doug...who just wants to go diving....just kidding..he's awsome, and maui would be terrible with out him...
Stanky1..stay classy..and dive san diego it means whales....something

---------- Post Merged at 11:10 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:09 PM ----------

you know serval times I have come across this thread and was tempted to say something,first of all I can not believe this thread has endured 5 pages, wow are you kidding me? I just dont believe any of this story, if it had happen like that we would be seeing some names. I have no Idea what the motive is but from the looks of the comment on page three "missed riding turtles on the back wall?" this is not a diver I would nt take on an intro dive.

oh yea...how is this thread still going?!?!?!?! it's a slam not a WOW YOU NEED TO DIVE -)

Stanky I fully understand the missed opportunity. I am on your side. Glad to hear that the dive op squared up with you. IIWII. (It Is What It Is) As on observer I can easily see how your first post got people worked up. That's what happens on forums of every kind. People like to get their fingers going and write up some interesting responses sometimes.

Like you said, hopefully this gets the point accross that divers coming here expecting the back wall gotta ask and gotta understand how it works. Some times you get lucky, sometimes you don't. I have dove the back wall a bunch of times and it's been pretty awesome. I'm fortunate that I live here and get the chance whenever I want. (Just another great reason to live Hawaii!!)

In my opinion any time you go for a dive around here it can be mind blowing. The last three days have been awesome. Doesn't have to be the back wall. I've made thousands of SHORE DIVES and I STILL SEE NEW COOL STUFF! And for me if I gave up diving I might actually have to go out and get a job. That scares me!!

I hope everyone got a little lesson here! Don't Get Your Heart Set on the Back Wall unless you plan on making several attempts. It's a big enough dive that it really takes a bunch of times to see it too. You can't really appreciate how cool it is on only one dive. I'd recommend that folks coming here that want to dive the back wall set up a MULTI DAY DIVE PACKAGE with B&B or DIVE and SEA. That way with mutliple trips to Molo and a familiarity of the sites, boats, crew, etc. you might just get your chance. The back wall is one of those sites that is certainly NOT FOR EVERYONE.

Shaka Brah!

This was from a couple days ago off the beach at White Rock. Been great diving this week!

7-1-12 Diving Palauea Beach 006.jpg

I was taking my good friend out for her birthday. She brought leis for her deceased father and the three girls wore crazy eye make-up so they would have that "mermaid" look. Turned out to be a great dive and we got some nice shots of the ladies too.

7-1-12 Diving Palauea Beach 045.jpg

The leis are pretty much neutral but they do tangle in you hoses!! Please understand I am a professional diver on a closed reef. You should not try this at home!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom