Probable Stanley Cup playoff matchups

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jiveturkey:
Either way, Bob Cole is the best living hockey comentator barnone. I can't imagine a time when he isn't calling the games.

:laughing:

Mike Veitch:
How about Jim Hughson?

Much better.

Boob Cole and Hairless Neal. Wonder why CBC split them up during round one? Only one reason - no Toronto team, so they can spread the misery around. Cole does not even bother to learn how to properly pronounce players names if they contain more than two syllables.

Senators now get a week of rest.

Bob Cole doesn't need to learn the names of the players. He just says "The Sens clear the zone", "He scores" etc. Did you like his comment at the end of the game when he said that most people had picked the Sens to go to the Stanley Cup final, but whether they would be hoisting the Cup or not still had to be determined. He is such a Toronto Homer...

colby:
Did you like his comment at the end of the game...
I had tickets to the game, so I did not have to suffer through his commentary again. We have gotten the the point where we either tune in the French language coverage or else put the TV on mute and turn on the radio even if the commentary and the TV play are out of sync.

Wow...you guys are really that bitter at the Leafs eh? I guess you're lucky they didn't make the playoffs this year....that is considering your shared playoff history. :wink:

jiveturkey:
Wow...you guys are really that bitter at the Leafs eh? I guess you're lucky they didn't make the playoffs this year....that is considering your shared playoff history. :wink:

You got that right.

The real problem is not with the team, it is with the way they are portrayed in this part of Canada as being the only thing worth watching.

Hey, remember when Doug Flutie used a drop kick to make an extra point in an NFL game this year? The Toronto Sports Network (TSN) had a short bit on what has happened since the last drop kick was done. At the top of the list:

The Leafs have won the Stanley Cup 10 times.

Hey, since they last won in 1967:
The Montreal Canadian have won it 10 times
The Edmonton Oilers have won it 5 times
The Calgary Flames have won it once

CBC showed the ceremony in Toronto when Ty Domi played his 1000th game on the national broadcast, but when the Montreal Canadians retired Boom Boom Geoffrion's number (a hall of fame player) it was covered only on the Quebec feed. Now, do you think that Domi is going to get into the hall of fame?

In response to complaints a few years ago that Harry Neale was showing considerable bias in his broadcasts he replied that "they can kiss my *****!"

Since the NHL assumed control of the Stanley Cup in 1927, Toronto has won it 11 times. Ottawa has won it once (the first competition). The current Ottawa Senators have been in the league only since the 1992-93 season. I think that it is time for a bit more balance in the coverage. That is all that we are asking. The nearest target is the Maple Leafs, but since they are out we can really turn to the true culprets.

Now back to the playoffs.

tedtim:
The real problem is not with the team, it is with the way they are portrayed in this part of Canada as being the only thing worth watching.

No, no. So wrong. "...this part of Canada..." It would have been more correct to say "the whole damn country". I'm tired of having Toronto shoved down our throats whether we want it or not.

Mike: Jim Hughson is good, he's energetic. His problem is that he lags behind the play sometimes. I think he is trying to cover eveything that happens so he gets behind. Mind you, I haven't heard him in a while so he may have improved.

Bill.

Lightning Fish:
No, no. So wrong. "...this part of Canada..." It would have been more correct to say "the whole damn country". I'm tired of having Toronto shoved down our throats whether we want it or not.

Mike: Jim Hughson is good, he's energetic. His problem is that he lags behind the play sometimes. I think he is trying to cover eveything that happens so he gets behind. Mind you, I haven't heard him in a while so he may have improved.

Bill.

I want Jim Robson back...

Back
Top Bottom