"private lessons" in COZ

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

opalobsidian

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello everyone!

My husband and I are returning to Coz in April. We had a great time getting certified in early January, but realize that 2 days of training in a pool at home in no way prepared us for drift diving off a boat! We still had a great time and are ready for more, but we seriously want some personal training so we can have an even better time, not bum other divers out with our incompetence, and not endanger the reef! The DM we got certified with in Jan in Coz seemed to have her hands full with all her other divers and had no time to give us any instruction.

We don't want to spend our next trip flailing around! Does anyone know where we could find someone willing to give us a day or two of private lessons?

Thanks so much and looking forward to seeing ya in April!
Pamela

PM Christi, you can find her by using the search function. If she can't help you, she probably knows somebody who can.

Good Luck

jamiep3:
PM Christi, you can find her by using the search function. If she can't help you, she probably knows somebody who can.

Good Luck

In the past, I believe Christi has said it's best to contact her by email not PM. Go to Christi's website at www.bluextsea.com.

Also I think with some of the dive ops you can hire your own private dive guide in addition to the group dive master. I think dive with Martin may offer this as he has a good size operation.

We spent two days diving with "ScubaTony" last year when we went to Cozumel and our only regret was that we didn't book him for all our dives. I believe he only takes small groups of up to 6 out, and does a lot of one-on-one instruction. He was very friendly and choose dive sites that were great for our family group of various diving abilities. We were very pleased with Tony and are hoping that he is able to be our DM when we make it back to Cozumel.

http://www.scubatony.com/

No, you're right, she's not, but I've never seen a single helpful post from Pelagic Ventures, is that their screen name? What is it?

Any dive shop can provide a private divemaster or instructor for you. It's just a matter of finding the shop that suits your preferences, and only you can decide what those are.

In no particular order, just to name a few:

Pelagic Ventures - www.pelagicventures.com
Papa Hogs www.papahogs.com
Liquid Blue www.liquidbluedivers.com
Deep Blue www.deepbluecozumel.com
Aldora www.aldora.com
Dive Paradise - www.diveparadise.com
Scuba-Du - www.scubadu.com
Dive House - www.divehouse.com
Scubatony - www.scubatony.com
Dive with Alison - www.divewithalison.com
Aqua Safari - www.aquasafari.com