"private lessons" in COZ

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks so much everyone!

Frumpy, I will definately check out scubatony!

Christi, I notice you didn't put your own weblink on the list:wink:

See you all in COZ! I'll be near the window at La Choza!
Pamela

opalobsidian:
I never met Christi and the only time I was in Coz I used a different dive op which did an excellent job.

However, I have been very impressed with the info Christi provides and the effort she puts into providing it. She is never pumping her business and that is very impressive to me. I for one have really appreciated this and look forward to meeting her next time I am there.

Willie

opalobsidian:
Thanks so much everyone!

See you all in COZ! I'll be near the window at La Choza!
Pamela
That's because, being the class act that she is, she doesn't promote her own business here on the board.

When I first learned to dive, I was in almost exactly the same situation as you. I got certified specifically because I intended to dive on vacation in Cozumel. When I was done with my certification, I felt that I was not really prepared adequately. I made a decison that some people will disagree with, but I believe it was exactly the right thing for me.

I decided that the first thing I would do on arrival in Cozumel was get advanced certification. I did it through Dive with Martin. They did a good job, but others will certainly do as well. The advantage of Dive with Martin is that they have a decent shore diving area right in front of the shop.

I was the only student in the class. So what happened essentially is that I got five very good dives one on one with an instructor. Several were from shore, but the deep dive and drift dive were from a boat, obviously. I then had a normal remainder of my week in terms of diving, feeling much more prepared and with it than before.

And it got me hooked!

I am doing this exact thing with Scuba with Alison in February. I went through the reasoning of boulderjohn and got to the same conclusion. I would use the list given above and give them a call or email.

jayjoans:
No, you're right, she's not, but I've never seen a single helpful post from Pelagic Ventures, is that their screen name? What is it?

Pelagic Ventures is a dive op on the island....operated by a friend of mine. They prefer to stay off the "boards" but do monitor. As for the business itself, they are referal/word of mouth and do not operate store front.They have been around for many years and are also a sport fishing op.

The only dive op that posts regularly on here is Christi.

As for my personal diving on Coz I have been out with several different dive ops over the years. I used to go from store to store to get a feel for who I wanted to dive with.

I see that you are a relitively new member on here and are undisclosed on your profile. Please note that the opinions expressed on here are strictly my own and I use my real name to post.Please feel free to check out my profile, credientials and past posts.

Also note that I have been on here for several years.I do not have as many posts as others but I am an active person and dive instructor.....I'd just rather be diving or working at my day job than posting.

So.....my appologies if I personally cannot be helpful to you (Mr,Ms,Mrs) JayJones.

Ron

Back
Top Bottom