Prices for FG

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Makushr1

Registered
Reaction score
I picked up a flyer in a local dive shop for a trip to the Texas Flower Gardens. The price was around $400 (for a couple days, I'm not exactly sure how long). I am a poor college student, so thats a bit too pricy for me. anyone know of better prices? exactly how long are you gone for?

Go do a 2 or 3 tank rig dive trip it's alot cheaper.

Yep, that's normal. I saw on shop charging $450 for the weekend trip. Normally they leave Friday night, dive 4-5 dives Sat. and if you're lucky a site and one of the rigs on the way in Sunday. You'll get back to the dock about dark.

That's just too much money for me for that number of dives.

But it does include room (OK, bunk) and board as well as entertainment. It is 7 top notch dives.

Scuba is not a cheap sport, especially since we don't have crystal clear shore diving around here. You will find the FG pricing to be pretty consistent across the board because the boats wholesale the spots to dive shops and there's not a huge margin there. You might find a difference of maybe $20 if you shop around. That price is probably weekday, weekends are about $50 higher.

They are 2 full day and night trips, you sleep on board, they provide meals and drinks (sodas/beer are extra), and air. When you compare the total cost it's less than a long weekend in Coz or Florida Keys, comes to about $60 per dive. If you can get in all the dives. If you get cold or sick or scared or bent or whatever, no discount for dives missed. If weather scrubs a few of the dives, no discount. The whole trip has about a 50% chance of getting called off. I know guys who are 0 for 5.

Still seems a like a good deal to me. I'm sure the fuel prices are behind the increase. With 7 dives, your looking at $58per dive, but it includes meals. Nitrox is usally another $50 extra. But think of it this way: no air fare, and no time off work or school if you live in the area.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom