Price for used BP/W

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

figure on 1/2 of what it cost brand new..if person selling it is original owner and never got wet it still is considered used and I would consider no more than 1/2 of original price to be very generous on my part. Any type of wear/use and price goes down from there.
I beg to differ. Most high end BP/wing harness systems, such as DSS or Halcyon's will hold their price very well. They complete package should sell for 75-80% of new price from the original owner if in excellent shape and lightly used.
However, I'd say the Oxycheq, Dive-rite, Hollis and OMS are lower end kits and will not hold their price quite as well. I'd look at 50-60% for them.
However, BP/wings will always hold prices better than jacket or back inflate BCs.

I beg to differ. Most high end BP/wing harness systems, such as DSS or Halcyon's will hold their price very well. They complete package should sell for 75-80% of new price from the original owner if in excellent shape and lightly used.
However, I'd say the Oxycheq, Dive-rite, Hollis and OMS are lower end kits and will not hold their price quite as well. I'd look at 50-60% for them.
However, BP/wings will always hold prices better than jacket or back inflate BCs.
if a person pays 80% of original cost for a used piece of dive gear they should just buy new..get all warranties and have a place to go to if there ever is a problem.Buy used and take your chances. Nothing wrong taking a chance with used gear, but not at close to what new would cost.

if a person pays 80% of original cost for a used piece of dive gear they should just buy new..get all warranties and have a place to go to if there ever is a problem.Buy used and take your chances. Nothing wrong taking a chance with used gear, but not at close to what new would cost.

x2, Yup! Well said...
Locally on CL a guy had 3 Atomic Frameless masks which were 3 years old, wanted $80 each.
Why bother buying used to save $20...

Hi folks,

I was out with sinus infection and haven't responded back to anyone over the weekend. I'm not actually looking for myself, my friend Steve has been wanting to get back into diving and is looking to upgrade within his budget. He asked if this BP/W was reasonably priced. I had my thoughts, but I wanted opinions from others on the board see if I was off or not. I’m glad I did, ‘cause I thought it was a reasonable price. So thank you all for your help.

BTW I did find that the red OMS 32 lb wing was almost $100 more than the black one, who knew?

Doug.

Tell him to check out Kevin Carlisle's stuff.

Sent from my PC31600 using awfulcorrect.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom