Price for used BP/W

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bubblehead628

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi I’m wondering if the price of $325.00 is reasonable for the following lightly used BP/W setup:

Hollis Elite II harness
Hollis Aluminum Back Plate
Dive Rite Cam Bands (2)
Dive Rite Bellows Pocket
OMS 32 Lbs Wings (red)
Two small weight pockets - Velcro/Clip

Thanks

Doug

figure on 1/2 of what it cost brand new..if person selling it is original owner and never got wet it still is considered used and I would consider no more than 1/2 of original price to be very generous on my part. Any type of wear/use and price goes down from there.

I would pass on this. You can get a NEW Dive Rite package from Dive Gear Express for $299.00 Cave Adventurers and Divers Supply have similar deals. To my knowledge, there is nothing special about an OMS wing. A Dive Rite, Hog, or Hollis wing would be similar. The Hollis plate and harness is nice but a generic plate and harness will work just as well. You can get inexpensive XS scuba weight pockets from Leisurepro for $13 each.

Not a good price. I just bought a used Oxycheq Stainless Steel backplate on ebay for my son for $35; a used OMS 32 lb wing ought to sell in the neighborhood of $50 - 70 (or less!); and new webbing plus hardware for a basic harness would be around $40.... so it is only worth about $150 max (to me).

With a few exceptions, most scuba gear does not retain its value, despite the fact that if it is properly maintained it will last for many years. This is hard for many folks to accept when they go to sell their gear that cost them so much brand new.... but just look at ebay or craigslist to get an idea of what used gear goes for.

Best wishes.

If every brand in that litany was Halcyon, I'd call it a fair -- not great -- price. As described, I'd pass.

Also, the harness is probably adding to the price when it should be detracting from it.
Hollis Elite II harness: pay for more, get [-]extra junk you neither want nor need[/-] less.​

Guys you can talk about half prices and such but I would think it would go higher on eBay. I bought a like-new Aqualung Conshelf 14 with an octo for $40 shipped on eBay. I have never seen one go for that price again. I also bought an excellent Zeagle-branded TX-50 with DST for $90 shipped. Another TX-50 is going for $200 and DST regularly go for around $100. I see complete used Halcyon rigs routinely go on eBay in the $400 to $ 500 range.

eBay is a fairly broad market but not deep. If someone else came in to bid on these items they would have went for a much higher price. An Oxycheq plate for $35 is a great price but that is not the normal selling price. If I saw the plate I would have put in a snipe for $52.50 and you would have paid $55 assuming you wanted it. If not I would have paid $2.50 more than your highest bid. In either case it would not have sold for $35.

$300-$400 seems to be closer to the going rate for a standard H system on eBay, though the newer cinch/padded Infinity systems are going for more.

To my knowledge, there is nothing special about an OMS wing

...but it's RED!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom