Price for used BP/W

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tell him to check out Kevin Carlisle's stuff.

Sent from my PC31600 using awfulcorrect.

The OMS 32 is a single tank wing, the Dive Rite Classic is a doubles wing which will taco badly if used with a single tank. Also, the OP can purchase a NEW Dive Rite travel wing with plate, harness, straps from DGX for $300. I am sure other shops can do something similar. So your deal is not all that great, especially if someone does not want the band or manifold.

I would avoid OMS stuff at any price. It's not worth dealing with a terrible company.

As far as general used dive gear pricing, half price is pretty typical for gear that is normally sold at dive shops and distributed through the standard wholesale/retail network. That gear is often marked up pretty high at dive shops and frequently available at some discount. Smaller companies like DSS that sell their gear direct and never have sales, but with products in demand, will often get substantially more than half price on the used market. There's just not that much used gear like that around, it goes pretty quick.

The photo looks different...

It is different. Look at the part number

...but my understanding is OMS only makes one 32 lb singles wing

The site you originally linked is called OMS closeouts for a reason

It is different. Look at the part number

The site you originally linked is called OMS closeouts for a reason

OMS has only made 1 style of a 32 lb wing which comes in either red or black. If you click the specifications link you will see only one wing is listed with two different part numbers denoting the color. BTW, neither part number corresponds to what is on the closeout site. If you don't believe me then contact an OMS dealer.

As far as why it is called "closeout" is anyone's guess because it seems their entire product line is listed. Are they closing out their entire line? My guess is that they do not want to appear to be competing with their dealers. They have another site with deeper discounts called OMS Attic which a pretty bare at the moment but had some killer deals a few years back.

There is something funny about OMS. Their website only lists a catalog from 2011. They also have a blurb dispelling rumors that they are going out of business. Their products do not seem to be very popular except for the fins.

x2, Yup! Well said...
Locally on CL a guy had 3 Atomic Frameless masks which were 3 years old, wanted $80 each.
Why bother buying used to save $20...
Maybe they'd take an offer for $50 each.

---------- Post added October 4th, 2013 at 11:22 AM ----------

I wouldn't hesitate to pay a good price ( 50-80% ) of new for excellent used, high end gear like DSS or Halcyon. But, lower end brands like Oxycheq, I wouldn't touch used. Actually, I wouldn't buy them new, unless it was just for a growing kid, who needed a cheap wing to use short-term and I knew they would quickly grow out of it.
I tend to buy top quality new or used and keep my gear for a long,long time. When I do sell it, it's always top quality,too.

Tracy, Oxycheq is neither cheap in price nor poorly constructed. As a matter of fact it seems to be better built than many wings on the market. You may be thinking of the older bladderless Razor series but the Mach 5 is very substantial.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom