Pressed Steel E7-100 Tank ANYwhere????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

be prepared for a bump in the scheduele, mine got pushed back a few times, however i saw the tanks in the store the other evening, so now i know they have them, just getting them filled..

I bought 4 new PST E7 100s last year for a trip to Florida that never happened. Two of the tanks were for me and two for my teenage son. This summer on a pool check we found he can't use the E7 100s because he has zero body fat and therefore no ditchable weight. I took one of his tanks for me (that gives me 3) but I have one E7 100 (with a Thermo DIN/Yoke valve) sitting in my basement that has never been used.

As cool is it looks seeing them all lined up in my gear room, I really don't need more than three tanks. I have been thinking of putting the extra E7 100 up on eBay and getting him 2 new AL80s with DIN/Yoke valves (we have DIN regulators). Before I do that I thought I would ask if anyone on the boards is interested in it? It will need a VIP (last VIP was last year when I bought it). There are a few water marks from being placed in the dive store's water jacket while it was filled. Otherwise it is in new condition. It was filled with hyper-pure air but you may want to have it O2 cleaned if using Nitrox via partial pressure fills (for your own peace of mind). I have the shipping carton and paperwork. PM me if interested and we can work out details. I can take pictures of the tank and email them if needed (provide an email address).

I'd rather see someone on the board get it than put it on eBay.

if i didn't have my two i'd take you up on that, i don't think you'll be short of replies...have you seen teh classifieds section here? might be worth putting it there...

mossym:
if i didn't have my two i'd take you up on that, i don't think you'll be short of replies...have you seen teh classifieds section here? might be worth putting it there...

Never been there but I'll check it out. This isn't something I have to sell but it's just taking space and cash that could be used for... DIVING. Since I have three of them (two air and one Nitrox), I live close to a fill station, and I am on my sheriff department's dive team (they supply tanks when we dive) three tanks should be enough. Then there's the fact that I will be buying my son 2 AL80s (which I can borrow if needed). That's plenty of gas. Let someone get some use out of this (besides it's one less tank to VIP, and eventually hydro). I may sell another E7 100 and replace it with a 120 for Nitrox use if this one sells.

I posted another PST E7 in the SB classifieds. It's an E7 100 cubic foot NITROX tank. It was purchased last year, and "water tested" on ONE freshwater quarry dive. It looks like new (for all intents and purposes it IS new). It has 3300 PSI of EAN 27%. I plan to replace it with an E7 120 when they become available (MORE GAS!!!). Check it out.

You have managed to sell a tank at your asking price, guess it is worth it to some. I read your other post and your decision too keep it is probably the best one considering your asking price. My LDS's down here in Miami are now flooded with PST E8 and E7 series tanks. It is a nice problem to have in the unlikely event I want one I can snag one.

[That tank is gone (sold for $350.00 with shipping).]

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom