Prescription Masks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks everyone. I am going to go and see if I can get a drop in. My prescription is only -1.75 but personally I find it difficult to work with. I don't need bifocal or have a stig . I don't have a clue how anyone with WORSE vision can function as I can't see well (in my opinion)

Another vote for Prescription Dive Masks. Their name says it all.

I'm on my third mask outfitted with PDM bi-focal lenses and no complaints re: service or quality. My masks are just like wearing my glasses.

But yeah, get the mask first. A proper fit is an absolute must and is more difficult for some divers than others.

Thanks everyone. I am going to go and see if I can get a drop in. My prescription is only -1.75 but personally I find it difficult to work with. I don't need bifocal or have a stig . I don't have a clue how anyone with WORSE vision can function as I can't see well (in my opinion)

Lacking astigmatism makes you a good off the shelf candidate.

What you have for instruments can make a big difference. When I started training with the dive shop gear reading instruments uncorrected was very hard. When I got my own gear and did not use the script mask I subsequently got I functioned just fine. The effect of the mask & water will give you roughly 1 diopter. Since you state -1.75 then this too may be working against you.

Pete

Back
Top Bottom