Question Dive Mask with Prescription Lenses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have progressive trifocal glasses so I'm not sure if there's a suitable contact lens for me. I will check the local store and see what they say about it. Great idea tho.

Does anyone have an opinion on the masks with user replaceable lenses?
I have the Scubapro D-mask with their bi-focus lenses (+3.0) and love it. I need them for gauge reading so magnification at the bottom was all I was looking for. I could never get the Trident stick-on magnifiers to stay, so this mask meets exactly what I needed, albeit a higher price point.

The nicest unknown perk was being able to take the lens itself and use a flame directly on it detached from the mask to burn off the off-gassing. No worry that I would hit the mask silicone by mistake. Certainly not why I bought the mask, but nice nonetheless.

I have the Scubapro D-mask with their bi-focus lenses (+3.0) and love it. I need them for gauge reading so magnification at the bottom was all I was looking for. I could never get the Trident stick-on magnifiers to stay, so this mask meets exactly what I needed, albeit a higher price point.

The nicest unknown perk was being able to take the lens itself and use a flame directly on it detached from the mask to burn off the off-gassing. No worry that I would hit the mask silicone by mistake. Certainly not why I bought the mask, but nice nonetheless.
One of the good things about the D mask (they also make a cheaper one) is you can actually buy lenses right from SP, others make masks with removable lenses but don’t sell the lens separately.

I use the full +1.5 on Both sides.

Does anyone have an opinion on the masks with user replaceable lenses?
I have both user replaceable and custom. Both work but I have more clear, sharp vision in custom and currently using mostly it. May be it is pupil distance which is taken into account in custom, may be something else

I use corrective lens. BUT, because I am at the age of needing both far and up close, the "little" close up items you can put at the bottom the mask suck. It has taken a few years and a few lens, but with my optometrist we have come up with the best solution. I am also an underwater photogarhper and seeing the image in the display is improtant. Best solustion is, one eye far away prescription and the other set for percription about 2-3 feet or a computer desk len. Then install them in a mask with two separate lens. I love this set up.
Reach out to us the next time you want to update your lenses. We have a bifocal option that can take care of your visual needs without having to switch eyes depending on what you are doing. Distance up top and a boost in the reading. It is perfect for your needs.

I use a Seavision Ascent with gauge readers and prescription for distance. Excellent quality mask, and they are actually better than my glasses as far as clarity and sharpness. 🤿😊

Back
Top Bottom