Prescription mask help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Andypilot101

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Hi all I find now that I am getting older my vision is definitely getting worse. I have tried a few stick in options but none seemed to improve the situation.
If looking at prescription strength do I go for the same prescription as above water or do I need to make adjustments? Some places say the same some places say change by .5. Having never suffered vision issues I am now lost in the blue unfortunately.
Any help is appreciated
Andry

Hi all I find now that I am getting older my vision is definitely getting worse. I have tried a few stick in options but none seemed to improve the situation.
If looking at prescription strength do I go for the same prescription as above water or do I need to make adjustments? Some places say the same some places say change by .5. Having never suffered vision issues I am now lost in the blue unfortunately.
Any help is appreciated
Andry
Is it just readers or do you have a prescription for distance vision as well?

Is it just readers or do you have a prescription for distance vision as well?
It’s both really but distance I can handle it’s the my arms are too short to see my computer that’s the issue.

Sea Vision will do custom bifocal lenses. You will be surprised what you can see with proper prescription lenses.

Another vote for SeaVision!

They have done mine a couple of times, the most recent to create lenses using my progressive prescription.

SeaVision have done 2 Rx bifocal masks for me over the years and one for my wife. All have been perfect.
Highly recommend them and their product.

Another vote for SeaVision. They have done 3 masks for me and all with my full prescription. Every mask worked great.

The optometrist we used for a long time changed the prescription for underwater masks. I do not remember how she changed it though but definitely a change and small if I recall. The whole lens is ground - no glued in inserts.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom