Prayers for a swamper

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wonderful news! Keep up the great work on your recovery!

hey big guy.. you will be back in the pond before you know it.....recovering ahead of schedule sounds great....keep fighting....have Monica dangle a fin in front of your face....keep your spirits up and let god do the rest....:blinking:

Wow.. Words just can't describe how I feel after reading this thread... I can't Thank You all enough for all the thoughts and prayers. There is absolutely no doubt that they have been helping..
I have a hard time typing at the moment due to the burns on my hand and the pressure on one of the nerves (in both hands) which renders my thumb, pointer and middle fingers very numb and far from fully functional. I have a carpal tunnel type surgery scheduled for next week which will hopefully have a positive affect on this... Even if it does not, I'm VERY grateful to have all of my fingers, etc!!

I'll try and give a basic update on my condition..
I am still at BAMC in San Antonio, TX. The docs and nurses here are incredible! With their help and all of your prayers I am actually ahead of schedule in the healing process. Again, I am very thankful that I didn't lose any limbs, lung capacity, hearing, and especially my vision.. I've heard of people losing a lot more with a lot less (02).. I'm not trying to sound vein (sp?) but I have no scars what-so-ever on my face... Something else that is hard to believe! My right arm, legs and back didn't fair as well..
The skin graphs on my ankles have been especially painful and them using most of my back as donor areas made life interesting until it finally healed up just a few days ago. I've been going to physical therapy for the last few weeks and taking small steps, literally... I was a bit unnerved to find out I couldn't walk the first time I tried! This may not be the case for everyone but after being laid up off my feet over a month... Having literally hundreds of staples in my ankles and legs didn't help!
I've gotten to the point where I can walk slowly by myself but still have a ways to go.. If I had my way I would be in a pool with my fins, mask and snorkel, kicking out the laps..

I better wrap this up for now... I just wanted to drop in thank all of you for your sentiments.. I really look forward to diving with you all again!

David

Hey hey, welcome back to the swamp !!! You continue working on getting better and we will keep up the prayers and when you are ready I'll drag you out to Travis and for some great 3' vis fun! See ya soon buddy...

Good to hear you are recovering. Do they let you use your mask and snorkel in the hydrotherapy pool?

Wow.. Words just can't describe how I feel after reading this thread... I can't Thank You all enough for all the thoughts and prayers. There is absolutely no doubt that they have been helping..
I have a hard time typing at the moment due to the burns on my hand and the pressure on one of the nerves (in both hands) which renders my thumb, pointer and middle fingers very numb and far from fully functional. I have a carpal tunnel type surgery scheduled for next week which will hopefully have a positive affect on this... Even if it does not, I'm VERY grateful to have all of my fingers, etc!!

I am still at BAMC in San Antonio, TX. The docs and nurses here are incredible! With their help and all of your prayers I am actually ahead of schedule in the healing process. Again, I am very thankful that I didn't lose any limbs, lung capacity, hearing, and especially my vision.. I've heard of people losing a lot more with a lot less (02).. I'm not trying to sound vein (sp?) but I have no scars what-so-ever on my face... Something else that is hard to believe! My right arm, legs and back didn't fair as well..
The skin graphs on my ankles have been especially painful and them using most of my back as donor areas made life interesting until it finally healed up just a few days ago. I've been going to physical therapy for the last few weeks and taking small steps, literally... I was a bit unnerved to find out I couldn't walk the first time I tried! This may not be the case for everyone but after being laid up off my feet over a month... Having literally hundreds of staples in my ankles and legs didn't help!
I've gotten to the point where I can walk slowly by myself but still have a ways to go.. If I had my way I would be in a pool with my fins, mask and snorkel, kicking out the laps..

I better wrap this up for now... I just wanted to drop in thank all of you for your sentiments.. I really look forward to diving with you all again!

David

Welcome back dive buddy! We've been missing your presence on the board!
Virtual hugs to you and Monica!

Onward and Forward David ! Prayers for continued recovery !! Mike and Sue

David,

Thank God for the Blessings he afforded you.

Prayers and thoughts for your recovery will continue!

The Holy Spirit will have a big part in your progress from now, praise Him.

To live and Love like Jesus,

Alan K.

David

David your post is like a early Christmas present, keep up the good work and Roxanne and I will keep sending you good vibes and prayers. It's really good to hear from you :yelclap::yelclap::yelclap::yelclap::yelclap::yelclap::yelclap::yelclap::yelclap:

Hang in there David. We are praying for you and thinking about you out here in the SB ether-world. It is good to hear that you are progressing better and faster than expected.

Take it slow and don't let nothing get you down. There are many more blessings still waiting for you in life.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom