Practicing CESA & ditch and don?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Meng_Tze:
Where is this going?
You never know till you get there.

Soggy:
Where most of these discussions go...around in circles with no one changing their opinion about anything.
I don't remember expressing any opinions about anything.

Thalassamania:
You never know till you get there.

I don't remember expressing any opinions about anything.
Don't try the mystic oriental quotation on me. I can run circles around that and back it up beyond a mere summary induction in what Kata really means.
:no

Meng_Tze:
Don't try the mystic oriental quotation on me. I can run circles around that and back it up beyond a mere summary induction in what Kata really means.
:no
It was not intended as a mystic oriental quotation, but rather as the lowest of western humor forms, a pun (of sorts), I'm glad that you got it but sorry that you took it wrong.

Soggy:
While your opinions on the matter are fairly clear, you're not the only person in this thread. :)
Of course I'm not, but I reiterate ... I've not expressed any opinions we're talking about rather matter-of-fact run of the mill stuff here.

You want an opinion? OK: Technical Diving, by and large, is Russian Roulette being played by thrill seekers who, mostly, either don't know how to do it right, or can’t afford to do it right. Most (not all) Technical Diving goals can be accomplished with passing small risk, if you can afford it.
:popcorn:

Thalassamania:
You want an opinion? OK: Technical Diving, by and large, is Russian Roulette being played by thrill seekers who, by and large, either don't know how to do it right, or can’t afford to do it right. Most (not all) Technical Diving goals can be accomplished with passing small risk, if you can afford it.
:popcorn:

I mostly agree. The same could be said about most recreational divers, I might add....A lot of people do it for the thrill seeking, are clueless about the risks, and don't have the skills or knowledge to handle the most basic problems. On the other hand, some people just want to go see cool stuff, and do what is necessary to make it happen in as safe a manner as possible. I really wish the cool wrecks I want to see were in the shallow water, so I wouldn't have to strap on 100+ extra lbs of gear and could just put on a single 80 and go.

What you define as doing it right and what I define as doing it right, are probably different things. I'm not talking about DIR here.

I'm not talking about DIR either, note the lower case doing it right<G>. You want to empty the China Room on the Doria? Send in a small ROV or Put a lock out sub down on her and go out saturated and on a hose, tended by another diver who also has coms at the entrance and each bend. That's what I mean by doing it right, applying the correct technology and procedures to the task at hand.

Back
Top Bottom