PPB Whip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"Reasonable" is a red flag for "cheap" but, anyway, call John at Notheast Scuba Supply. 610-631-2288

I make them for $475. That includes all the bells and whistles. If you want a scaled down version, it would be cheaper.

Packhorse:
Not really interested in bells and whistles. Just the minimum needed to trans fill O2 bottles from a 300bar tank and maybe PPB nitrox.

Lord mate, how on earth can you get O2 at 300 bar?? Lucky for you I suppose.

I can't believe us yanks are THAT conservative only filling our O2 to 2400psi (165bar) - at least that's the max I've ever heard of here.

I could pump O2 to 300 bar but I don't think I will as I don't have any need. Also, I thought that the guideline is 200 bar max. I suppose a small 300 bar tank of O2 would be useful to carry on an expedition where RB's are to be used.

My local dive shop (before I moved) could and did get T's of O2 at 4500 psi! Apparently some of the mining operations in Nevada need and get it at that pressure. I didn’t believe it until I saw it.

DIY..

The part list and procedure is all open source.

they don't look too tough to build, then I found someone selling on (a 2 gauge, one dig, one analog) with brass QD's, O2 AND HE tips for $300.

I jumped on it... I'm pretty stoked. Should start brewing in a week or two!

They show up on eBay all the time, and sometimes on TDS.

---
Ken

pescador775:
I could pump O2 to 300 bar but I don't think I will as I don't have any need. Also, I thought that the guideline is 200 bar max. I suppose a small 300 bar tank of O2 would be useful to carry on an expedition where RB's are to be used.

The supply tank is 300 bar. I will only be filling to 200bar max.

Back
Top Bottom