How would you hook this booster to a H Bottle of O2?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

InWay2Deep

Contributor
Reaction score
I have this booster which is setup to hookup to a regular DIN valve for O2 supply. I would like my supply to be a H bottle with a CGA540 valve. Ideally I'd just create a new whip that attaches directly to the booter then to the 540 valve, what is the fitting called on my inlet and what kind of hose is that? Or is there a better way? The current hose is a bit short for using a H bottle which is why I'd be fine just just making a new whip. Browsing through mcmaster carr has my head spinning with what fittings/hose I should get.

Thanks

IMG_0495.jpeg

Leave the din get adapters which is exactly what I have to do right now
so I don't have to pay rent on the O2 bottle I got yesterday thanks for reminding me

Great company USUN

But my supply bottle is pin index not bull nose but my storage bottle is bull nose....soooo....where is that box....

002.JPG

Never see me using quick connects with hundreds of barrrrs thousands of psiiiis need my stuff idiot proof

It could be done many different ways. I have parker quick disconnect fittings at the in/out of my booster. I get them from McMaster Carr. Probably not the cheapest , but they're fast. For fittings, hoses etc a good resource is:

The young man named John who runs the above operation is very helpful and if you call him, he will no doubt get you to a suitable solution.....

The fitting on your booster is a #4 JIC male. It’s a 37 degree flare. The Amazon titan fittings store (Titan Fittings) has every fitting you would want.
Aero Specialties has steel braided teflon lined hoses with female JIC fittings. Replacement Oxygen Hose, JIC Fitting (2, 4, 6, 15, 25, 35 ft. lengths) – AERO Specialties
Pick the length you want. If you don’t have a CGA-540 nut and fitting, get one at your local gas house. Airgas, wherever you get your gas bottles filled will have one. It will come with a 1/4” MNPT end, you will need to adapt to JIC.

The young man named John who runs the above operation is very helpful and if you call him, he will no doubt get you to a suitable solution.....
John is amazing. He has crap for regulators I’ve never heard of.

High pressure quick connects (from the pressure washer department) allow me to quick change all sorts of stuff. DIN, O2, Helium all have a male quick connect. That goes into a female quick connect. I can quickly move a few hoses and fitting around and convert it to a simple fill whip.

You can use this for inspiration. DGX Gears Deluxe Fitting and Hose Kit for Booster
I use snap-tite because the navy uses snap-tite, so I can get them at a discount, but yes. QD fittings give great versatility.

@macado has a good post about how he set up his booster. Not sure if part numbers are current, but it’s helpful

WOW You guys are amazing! Thanks for all the replies! This should get me going! Appreciate it!

Can anyone see why this wouldn't work?

whip.png

CGA540 Nipple - McMaster-Carr
Oxygen Hand Wheel - Oxygen Hand Tight Nut
Hose - McMaster-Carr
37 Degree Flare Fitting - McMaster-Carr

This would just replace the current whip I have that goes to a DIN tank and adapt it for a CGA540 H Tank. I can just leave this one at home and take the DIN one in the field w/ me.

I'm not quite sure I have the right JIC Fitting, just want it to connect to the hose then to the booster.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom