powerful fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Jet Fins are great for power and thrust. They work well for various kicks.

The Sea Wing Nova's from ScubaPro work quite well in a currents and are easy to kick with. The Sea Wing Nova works best with the flutter kick, however, they are not as efficient with the modified frog kick.

The Jet Fins are great for power and thrust. They work well for various kicks.

The Sea Wing Nova's from ScubaPro work quite well in a currents and are easy to kick with. The Sea Wing Nova works best with the flutter kick, however, they are not as efficient with the modified frog kick.

The Seawing Nova Gorillas being stiffer than the Nova are quite good at frog kicking, I really liked them but sold due to the line trap they are, my local is littered with discarded nets and line. I didn't like the Novas, while good at flutter kicking they felt like wet spaghetti. I predominantly frog kick for which they were woeful.

Hollis F1

My Novas were too soft if you push them, so I put plastic shims in all the slots and wrapped them with electrical tape. They are lot faster than my Jets now after that simple mod. A lot more thrust!

I have Mares Avanti Quattro + fins and they are pretty stiff. They did really well for drift in Mexico as well as the crazy currents I was fighting in Costa Rica.

How are your freedive fins for alternative kicks, frog, helicopter, back? My impression is they are not as flexible as a good paddle fin for general diving. What do you think? Most of my acquaintances who use freedive fins are spearos and spend all of their time flutter kicking.

Free dive fins are my go to fins scuba diving in particular for high current conditions. The fins offer way more power than traditional scuba fins (including jetfins). They are not well suited for penetrations or tight spaces. With practice, they are OK for back finning.

How are your freedive fins for alternative kicks, frog, helicopter, back? My impression is they are not as flexible as a good paddle fin for general diving. What do you think?

It's a long blade so it takes a bit of practice. But neither of those kicks provide lots of power against strong currents that OP asked for.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom