Post your best diving tips!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BabyDuck:
if you don't have enough air in your lungs to purge a reg, make 'clicks' with your tongue until it clears.

why wouldn't you just push the purge on the reg?!?

altitudemike:
Always bring a save a dive kit. Never do the Oh this piece of equipment will last one more dive. If it's worn out replace it.

And remember, if your Sav-A-Dive kit saves your buddy's dive, it saves your's too!

For maximum diving get your significant other involved!

Right, am I right?

Dave

I try to remember to attempt to inhale from the regulator BEFORE turning the valve on. If the reg leaks air, you have a folded exhaust valve, ripped or slipped diaphram or some other problem with the second stage.

After a dive: Always wash your gear the same way, and store it in the same way, in the same spots, and put things where they belong. Even if it's late after a night dive. It will help the "Before a dive..."

Before a dive: Always pack your gear in the same routine. Develop a "pre-dive" ritual to pack your gear the same way. Take everything every dive. I have yet to forget anything because of this... (Not necessarily ON you, but in your vehicle...boat dives somewhat excluded from this...)

Mike Veitch:
why wouldn't you just push the purge on the reg?!?
i was scared that would shove the air in my mouth straight down my lungs & i would die.

i *did* end up doing that, when the options were continue to strangle & die, or use the purge & die...

My tip, from experience: non-drowsy dramamine is worthless. I began taking 20 mg of the regular stuff and have had no problems. The excitement of the dive overrides any drowsiness for me. On the last few boat trips I did an informal survey --- most of the fish feeders had used non-drowsy formulas.

BabyDuck:
i was scared that would shove the air in my mouth straight down my lungs & i would die.

i *did* end up doing that, when the options were continue to strangle & die, or use the purge & die...
damn... and here i was thinking it was the snorkel that would kill you...

:wink:

it was cavern class - no snorkel!!

Back
Top Bottom